First day work on c+e

Hia all.

Ive had my first day in work on c+e today at tesco’s direct at Crewe. Just had one trailer drop and pick up at Northampton. All went ok…

It give me some experiance on trailer exchanges as i had to uncouple the one i took and move the return off the bay and vice versa.

Also give me some true experiance in real life reversing. Abit different from the test lol. Watching others they make it look so so easy lol.

Ive also been doing class 2 work for “new look”. They want me to do some w+d also.

no amount of money can buy experience theres only one way to get that. well done mate your well on your way now.

Great news Mick .
im glad your enjoying doing the job and I take it you are working for an agency i think thats the best way to get expeariance no two jobs are the same I did my first Class 2 job two weeks ago for the gardian news papers in trafford park on night shift was brilliant just a bit of shunting about 1/4 of a mile each trip sat drinking tea more than driving in fact then 1 drop in preston then truck back to burnley and off home …
And they asked me to go back friday night but i couldnt as I was doing my CE training last week and i didnt wanna mess my HRs up .

Well done mate looks like your going to get to drive all types let’s hope it leads to something good.

Yambol where would you stand on hrs as when training not on taco

Yea ive been working for a few different agencies. Some good and some really bad

So its a case of getting in with most and hoping for the best! Also sell yourself well thats the key.

Yep Ive some terible shifts along the way. But I guess Im extremely lucky to get in a class 1 after a couple of weeks after passing

Yes mick there is some real bad ones out there but ive been lucky up to now . :wink: like i say ive only had one bad job and one bad truck up to now …
Hi Kirk
Tacho Hrs well i dont know as you dont nead to use tacho while training but I dont wanna start messing my hours up realy so told agents that i wont be available for work till after 23rd august But I think I would have to add them manualy on card if i worked as well as training … :confused: and to be honest it all seems very comlicated to me … so best not take that chance eh … :wink:

Keep a writen record as well matey. Just finished my second shift on tescos direct and my reversing is getting better now lol

one day the reversing thing will just fall into place and you will wonder what all the fuss was about.took me a while to get my head round it but am there sort of still not keen on blindside reversing even after 6 years of practice.Just bring the unit back with no extra scratchies or dents and you will do fine.Enjoy