Passed! (And unashamed plug)

Hi everyone,

Have been a regular visitor for the last couple of months, thanks to everyone who posts here, its a fantastic help for the new boys especially the new driver tips!

After much reading, I decided I wanted to train with Data Academy in Leicester. As I live most of the year outside the UK it didnt really matter to me where I went, have caravan will travel was my attitude and when I booked my course and said i would be parking my van nearby the guys first response was “never mind that, park it in our secure compound and plug into our power”, nice people!

Anyway, my assesment suggested a four day course so off I went. Although I have been driving 30 years, I had plenty of bad habits and a found the range change box in the great Scania truck I was driving a bit of an effort to get right, but despite my attemps to mess it up the excellent teaching I had got me through first time. Got a few minors, the most unbelievably stupid being flashing at a guy to let him go. Then I waved a pedestrian across in front of me a bit later in the drive! i had been told dont do it and why, but I just kicked back and actually enjoyed the drive, George the examiner was great at putting me at ease, but maybe almost too good!

Anyway, the plan was then to go straight on to C E, DVLA were fast in getting my licence back to me, but with the 10 sept deadline coming up the instructors are stacked with C courses so no chance of a course starting till the 10th. So to save me getting bored, the guys pulled in a favour with a local agency who have given me an immediate start!

After my constant reading of these pages, I know there are a lot of excellent driving schools out there, but for my money I cant recommend the team at D A highly enough, great training in great vehicles by nice guys. Thanks D aA

well done mate on passing cat c :smiley: what have the agency got you doing?? what you driving??

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome dunchues :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which starts on 10 Sept 2009.
Which you will not need as you have now passed C

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

dunchues:
train with Data Academy in Leicester

WHO :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Time for a taxi ride me thinks…

Thanks Brian. Tomorrow its a 7.5t down to Dorset, after that who knows, but they say it will include C work, even as a total beginner, as they are confident I have been properly prepared! I wish I shared their happy confidence, but at least next time I grind the gears I wont have an instructor wincing at me! Just adds to my views of the school really, not just taken my money and got me through the test but have followed it up with real help into work.

Hi dunchues,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your Cat “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck with the “C+E” when you get the chance to take it. :smiley:

WELL DONE DUNC YOU WORKED HARD FOR THAT PASS :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
> dunchues:
> So to save me getting bored, the guys pulled in a favour with a local agency who have given me an immediate start!
Its a pleasure Dunc glad we could help. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Many thanks to Paul and Sarah for pulling out all the stops out on this one, …It appears that my freinds at Driver Hire are picking up a bit,…so with all our other contacts we hopefully will be able to start placing new passes into work again sooner rather than later.