Parking up

This is a straw poll on my ‘Are facilities that bad?’ thread

ive voted other ken, because its really “all of the above” i’d like it different, but things being as they are i sometimes do get stuck in places and cannot make it to a nice caff.

I forgot to add the poll to my original thread Mal,but if Lucy or a mod are reading this,perhaps they could link the two together.

I voted for truckstop,as I said in my original thread.

Ken.

It’s impossible to vote, it depends if you are loaded and if so how valuble the load is also where you are tipping, how you are doing for hours ect, ect.

Voted Customer Premises, but only on the basis that you cannot make multiple selections. Would use the most appropriate, or available, at the time I needed to park.

Sorry Quinny, we’ve not yet got the facility to merge threads, only split them. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I’ve ticked industrial estates as that’s my first choice, but I use deep laybys too, and other places when pushed. (see other thread).

Ladytrucker679:
It’s impossible to vote, it depends if you are loaded and if so how valuble the load is also where you are tipping, how you are doing for hours ect, ect.

thats why i voted other linds, and said “all of the above” :wink:

Mal:
thats why i voted other linds, and said “all of the above” :wink:

That’s another one of those skills that makes you a tramper, another one of those things they don’t teach you in HGV school.

I ticked other, as I prefer the good old fashioned town center parks, like Retford, Worcester, Newark etc. If not them an off road lay bye, preferably close to a pub, as I like a bar meal for my tea when I’m out. Or an industrial estate as long as it’s within walking distance of civilisation. I avoid, roadside lay byes, Services, and truck stops if at all possible.

renaultman:
I ticked other, as I prefer the good old fashioned town center parks, like Retford, Worcester, Newark etc. If not them an off road lay bye, preferably close to a pub, as I like a bar meal for my tea when I’m out. Or an industrial estate as long as it’s within walking distance of civilisation. I avoid, roadside lay byes, Services, and truck stops if at all possible.

just out of interest do the moan at your if you park on supermarket and pubs etc always thought about but afraid of getting clamped

teddy_0781:

renaultman:

just out of interest do the moan at your if you park on supermarket and pubs etc always thought about but afraid of getting clamped

I’ve never been moaned at clamped, but I don’t park in pub car parks or owt, normally get on the phone to a couple of like minded mates if I’m somewhere I’ve never parked before, or get on the CB, not so much now as I used to like. The town centre ones are the best IMO as you’re normally perfectly legal, and in the middle of everything.

Its a long time since i done a night out but when i did my boss didnt moan about the price of parking he knocks it off the tax bill thats why i cannot understand people who moan about the price of parking, its tax deductable.!!

I use msa,s simply because i get a free meal voucher a shower and a safe place to park, I would NEVER park in a payby unless i was desperate or it was near a pub.

If my employer wants his load or vehicle in the morning he can pay for its security while i am asleep.

truckstops and msas for me

because of what we carry and the thieving toe rags about , i dont want to be isolated on a ind est /layby.

jon