A quick survey on behalf of Penrith Truckstop

Your chance to let Penrith know what attractions features you would like to see…
Click here to take the survey

The main thing with truckstops is them being where you want / need to be stopping.

Sure, we’ll all do our best to avoid a particularly bad one, and will all do our best to try and stop at one we know gives a little extra such as free beer with your parking or whatever, but at the end of the day, most people don’t night out in the same area everynight, so things such as a ‘pool team’ aren’t going to matter to 99% of drivers.

I know a few that do stay at the same truckstop most nights, but they’re the exception rather than the rule.

Penrith is one of the best IMO good clean showers, good grub and good staff who are friendly :smiley:

Is that Jenkinsons? Stopped there once, loads of room & most importantly for me it’s secure!

Last thing I need is worrying half the night about some toe rag slashing my curtains or going at the diesel tank.

The rest is frosting.

PS What’s a “drivers club”? Sounded a bit gay to me so I ticked no.

We would like to thank everyone who has filled in this quick survey and appreciate all the comments made. We would also like to thank Rikki for posting our survey on this forum. Hopefully we can get a few more replies to enable us to give you guys what you want.

Thank you all once again and hopefully see you soon at our stop

It could do with levelling.

We change over in there most nights and it is one off the best friendly helpful staff good grub but really busy for parking on a Friday night as Jenkinsons fleet is parked there for the weekend and the wagons are constantly moving to get taking in for washing not had any problems with the surface but could be smoother down the bottom end but its in constant use with the changeovers screwing trailers round but compared to Lockerbie Truckstop where you would think twice going in there with a tipper some night its a billiard table lol! :smiley:

Gordonw…

The park has now been levelled and pot holes filled in.

would never park there far too noisy with fridges

AWJtruckstop:
We would like to thank everyone who has filled in this quick survey and appreciate all the comments made. We would also like to thank Rikki for posting our survey on this forum. Hopefully we can get a few more replies to enable us to give you guys what you want.

Thank you all once again and hopefully see you soon at our stop

filled in! but never overnighted there, i do pop in for my dinner though if i’m up that way :slight_smile: had a lovely chilli today with half rice, half chips!

keep it up AWJ, you certainly have one of the best stops around :slight_smile:

B…

If you get shower 4 or 6 and not parking can I have it cheaper cos there smaller!! :grimacing:

used to stop in here nightly or changeovers, always found it a pretty good enough place to stop compared to some of the guff in this country.

staff were always good to chat to aswell and having the security guys there is good especially when your sleeping in a corner on your own waiting for a changeover.

Well it’s probably one of the most secure in the country as he keeps all his own tackle in there, how much is it anyways? I can’t remember.

scotlad:

That’s what ear plugs are for :slight_smile:

They could maybe have a section clearly marked as you enter for fridges to park or even electric hook ups which they could charge a fee for which would be competition for fridge drivers as long as it weren’t a rip off.

Silver_Surfer:
Well it’s probably one of the most secure in the country as he keeps all his own tackle in there, how much is it anyways? I can’t remember.

16 quid i think with meal n shower vouchers

Not too bad then, can’t stand the odd time I pay the leaches down south £25 plus.

A chive gas site for LNG

Silver_Surfer:

scotlad:

That’s what ear plugs are for :slight_smile:

They could maybe have a section clearly marked as you enter for fridges to park or even electric hook ups which they could charge a fee for which would be competition for fridge drivers as long as it weren’t a rip off.

fridges are supposed too park too park on the back row up top next too railway line

scotstrucker:
fridges are supposed too park too park on the back row up top next too railway line

Keyboard broken? O key seems to be stuck. :wink:

A survey this seems more like a commercial advert for Penrith truckstop to me!

I suppose they must have parted with a few quid