Parking

Just a little question
Where do you park .
Have only got back out on the road ( nights out ) for the last 8 months about 2 a week .
But for me if possible I’m a industrial estate or customer premises man myself .
Truck stops and services are far to noisy for me and lay bys a deffo no no.

If you are on Facebook join this group
“Safe parking and postcodes truckstops ind est”
Lots of help and info on there

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks wrighty
Could be very useful.
I always keep my eye out when delivering if there is anywhere sutible if I’m around that area again .

Keep a.book make.note of places you deliver to.
That look like.thed be ok to park on.

If your someware you don’t know you can ask .
here.
Or use Google maps. Search for.industtial estates near where you want. .
But then use street view see if there’s cars parked on roads.
Don’t head to any estate blindly as.some have double yellow lines all over them.

But in time your find.your do.the same runs same areas and your work out places you can stop at

99.9 % on here seem to sleep in lovely industrial estates , odd one ( me ) who either ends up in a lay-by / services , strange as there must be thousands in lay-bys / services, you’d think the law of averages would say a fair % of trucknet posters would end up in a lay-by / services , but obviously the law of averages doesn’t apply to trick net !!! ■■■■■■■■

dozy:
99.9 % on here seem to sleep in lovely industrial estates , odd one ( me ) who either ends up in a lay-by / services , strange as there must be thousands in lay-bys / services, you’d think the law of averages would say a fair % of trucknet posters would end up in a lay-by / services , but obviously the law of averages doesn’t apply to trick net !!! [zb]

Where do you get your percentages from doze, top of yer head?..99%? :neutral_face:
You should start a T.net poll to see the real results mate.
At a guess I would say more like 60/40 to 70/30 in favour of lay bys and MSAs, the rest of us try and use our imagination and initiative,.and use these places as a last resort rather than a first option, or if you are in the S.E., you ain’t got a lot of choice, it’s every man for himself.
That’s my take on it anyhoo. :smiley:
(Btw Never have I ever came across a ‘‘Lovely’’ industrial est. :neutral_face: )

I have never had a night out in motorway services in 10 years of driving.

I’d say 95% of my nights out are on an industrial estate or similar usually with in walking distance decent takeway/chippy.

And a Wetherspoons etc not like there open these days.
Only use lay-bys as a last. Resort if I don’t know places in the area

Last time I used a lay by was around 4 years ago, like a lot of drivers I have preferred parking spots depending on where I’m coming from.
I see these guys that park in shallow lay bys rocking all night and don’t envy them one bit, all I can think is it’s bad planning on their part or they’re getting pushed to use every minute [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dozy… maybe others don’t rag their hours to the last second and choose where to park rather than having to make do with anywhere?