Best and worst places?

Hi all,
We are looking at highlighting the best and worst places to tip/load - where has the best facilities for visiting drivers, where you feel welcomed, and where is the worst.

Please give some details why they are the best/worst, however please do NOT name and shame individuals working there, its an overview of facilities and attitude we are looking for.

be aware your comments may appear in one/some of our print titles.

Heinz wigan martland Park site, over the top H & S rules, though they do have a canteen and toilets

Tosco, Teesport, Bad & Good [emoji57] had a few 6 hour tips there, but the last 2 have both been 1hr 20mins, facilities are ok, but I’d still rather sit/sleep in my cab.

Any lidl rdc, layout designed by a complete moron.

NFT Daventry is the worst place I’ve visited.

It’s ridiculous how small the yard is for the volume of traffic, with people trying to squeeze in front of lorries as they reverse, the yard is also a dead end with no designated turning area.

Sainsburys Emerson Green disgusting facilities treated like a piece of dog ■■■■

Worst; Iceland Swindon. Staff not too bad tbf, but ridiculous rules prevent you sitting in your cab prior to being allocated a bay (I can understand the whist on a bay bit). They operate a ridiculous “sin bin” policy which in effect means that if you spent 5 hours there yesterday and are consequently late today they will punish you with the sin bin.

If that’s not bad enough there are not enough seats for “clients” so again you can conceivably spend an hour or so stood up before a bay becomes available.

One of the worst places I’ve been to is Amazon Swansea, I think it was goods out I used to do trailer swaps at, you park on a bay and have to hand your keys in then sit in a small sometimes cold and draughty room with no facilities other than a toilet.

Best places I have been are Most Argos, Morrisons and Sainsburys RDC’S as they allow you to use the staff canteen so you can a hot meal cheap and Argos allow you to stay in your truck and usually take 3-4 hour maybe longer to tip a full load allowing you to get your head down :smiley:
Worst for me is Tesco Fenny Lock 9 hours to tip 24 pallets :unamused:
Boots Beaston. Drivers area has about 3 chairs, takes ages to tip and the area where the bay’s are is a joke to get an artic onto especially if your bay is between 2 other trucks :imp:
Robert Dyas Enfield. Complete bell end on goods in and bays that are on a slope that you have to go on dead stright because if you turn you run the risk of ripping your rear arches off on the unit when the trailer bottoms out. Also if you are between 2 other trucks there you can’t open your doors far enough to get out :unamused: So make sure you go to the bog before you get there!

tachograph:
One of the worst places I’ve been to is Amazon Swansea, I think it was goods out I used to do trailer swaps at, you park on a bay and have to hand your keys in then sit in a small sometimes cold and draughty room with no facilities other than a toilet.

That place is the stuff of legend between drivers. 10-12 hour tips around Xmas time, drivers banned from the canteen so they got the canteen ladies to throw stuff out of the window for them and they got the cash to them only to be stopped by management only for drivers threatning to pull out and do even worse.
Sit in a cold drivers room with just a vending machine that almost is always on the blink even though they take your keys, lock the airline off and chock the trailer :unamused:
The one at Donny is no better. Last time I went you was kept inside a cage like structure inside the warehouse just like an holding cell in a prison :laughing:

Glaxco Kline at Barnard Castle night mare to get to when you do place is big enough but then have to try to get there attention then you have to sit on a “bin” inside he warehouse whilst they tip you they also take your keys

Morrisons Stockton you have to hand key in then help them to sort pallets out if you don’t they keep you there several hours & if you go back not very helpful don’t matter that you in your ordinary clothes they don’t give you any protective clothing this is when in the chilled side ( canteen normally closed when I was in there )

Hansons’ rail siding at Oxford Parkway Station near Kidlington. You’re messed about and spoken to like dirt from the minute you arrive. The weighbridge/shovel driver there will go out of his way to hold you up and give you grief. Don’t complain or even dare to enquire about the wait or he’ll ban you for something completely made up. This place is so bad, even Hanson drivers hate the place. A shame as it’s so well positioned but a lot of companies refuse to load there because of the time you waste.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
oilet.

The one at Donny is no better. Last time I went you was kept inside a cage like structure inside the warehouse just like an holding cell in a prison :laughing:
[/quote]
I’ve just been told that I’m going there tomorrow, don’t know what I’ve done to upset the office.
I’ll let you know how I get on. [emoji57]

Norbert Nuneaton crap canteen make you wait ages and only j Kyle on TV

Bridor at Servon sur Villaine. Great place to load.
Very friendly English speaking staff, excllent cheap coffee machine, cheap sandwiches, get there at the right time and get as much free croissants and brioche as you want.
Spotlessly clean toilets and showers.
Sit in your cab if you wish while you’re being loaded and they’ll come out to you with your paperwork once they’ve finished.
Only downside is they’ve recently discovered high vis. so they ask you wear it IF you choose to go onto the bay to check the loading!
But it’s in France so I guess it won’t count…

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Best places I have been are Most Argos, Morrisons and Sainsburys RDC’S as they allow you to use the staff canteen so you can a hot meal cheap and Argos allow you to stay in your truck and usually take 3-4 hour maybe longer to tip a full load allowing you to get your head down :smiley:
Boots Beaston. Drivers area has about 3 chairs, takes ages to tip and the area where the bay’s are is a joke to get an artic onto especially if your bay is between 2 other trucks :imp:
Robert Dyas Enfield. Complete bell end on goods in and bays that are on a slope that you have to go on dead stright because if you turn you run the risk of ripping your rear arches off on the unit when the trailer bottoms out. Also if you are between 2 other trucks there you can’t open your doors far enough to get out :unamused: So make sure you go to the bog before you get there!

One of your best, ever tip chill at Morrissons Wakefield?

Five chairs and six bays! Cheered me up no end when a lot of them lost their jobs having suffered their appalling attitude/laziness towards work

A run that we have is 6 drops but has to be split even though its only half a trailer load.

1st trailer - lidl in Livingston. Can take 4 or 5 hours to tip 3 - 8 pallets and its self tip. Absolute chaos in the yard for 2 reasons. There is very little room to wait prior to going on a bay then waiting after tipping for paperwork. The one way system goes the wrong way so you have to blindside or find space to turn round.

2nd trailer:
Co op newhouse. Normally on the bay for around 7 minutes before you see a green light. Great place to tip
M&s ■■■■■■■■■■■ let us self tip so we are in and out in minutes
ASDA Falkirk can be 2 hours to tip one pallet with 2 layers which is ridiculous
Sainsburys east kilbride is usually pretty quick and the staff are friendly
Morrisons Bellshill can be a long wait but not always providing you play by their rules. Mess them around and you will suffer!

We also do Tesco Livingston and a double decker takes around 2 hours. The staff are mainly female and are presumably on the rag for 3 weeks a month longer than human women

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Ahh Tosco Fanny ■■■■, one of my worst experiences for tipping as well, in the last couple of years.
It’s right on my door step in Mk & years ago I used to do the Roll On Bins out of there, you wouldn’t believe the amount of stuff I ‘Obtained’ (Totted) out of them, mostly cosmetics, I once had about 50 boxes X 10 packets of Gillette Mach 3 Razor Blades, I made around £200 on the local boot sale that day.

scanny77:
We also do Tesco Livingston and a double decker takes around 2 hours. The staff are mainly female and are presumably on the rag for 3 weeks a month longer than human women

That’s because they are Polish, beautiful to look at but miserable as Sin. Gorgeous up to 23 years old, then they turn into Babushka’s.

Worst-amazon Rugeley big enough place but snotty kid comes out “bay 23 now” oh right ok lol here’s a suzie lock then chock the wheels now give me your keys and sit in the waiting room .
Went out to have a ■■■ “where you going?” for a ■■■ in the smoking hut got told “it’s not for you staff only your only a driver” he got told where to go funnily enough not been back since :smiley:

Amazon Hemel not too bad on a bay hand keys in then sit in your cab make a coffee wander about free run of the site.