Best and worst places?

CHAINSAW:
Sainsburys Emerson Green disgusting facilities treated like a piece of dog [zb]

London.

martinviking:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
oilet.

The one at Donny is no better. Last time I went you was kept inside a cage like structure inside the warehouse just like an holding cell in a prison :laughing:

I’ve just been told that I’m going there tomorrow, don’t know what I’ve done to upset the office.
I’ll let you know how I get on. [emoji57]
[/quote]
Well,
arrived at 08.35 for a 09.00 tip, took 40 minutes to get on the bay 09.20, then I just sat there, in the Drivers Cage/Cell, noisiest place I’ve ever had the ‘Pleasure’ of waiting in, finally got out at 10.30, not bad for Amazon !

Boots Nottingham 6 hours to tip complete hell hole bays meant for a push bike anyone that’s been there knows what I mean tiny little rest room although got to say staff were friendly .

martinviking:

martinviking:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
oilet.

The one at Donny is no better. Last time I went you was kept inside a cage like structure inside the warehouse just like an holding cell in a prison :laughing:

I’ve just been told that I’m going there tomorrow, don’t know what I’ve done to upset the office.

Well,
arrived at 08.35 for a 09.00 tip, took 40 minutes to get on the bay 09.20, then I just sat there, in the Drivers Cage/Cell, noisiest place I’ve ever had the ‘Pleasure’ of waiting in, finally got out at 10.30, not bad for Amazon !
[/quote]
Did you ask for a tin can to rattle along the bars? :laughing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

martinviking:

martinviking:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
oilet.

Well,

Did you ask for a tin can to rattle along the bars? :laughing:
[/quote]
Ha ha, no, but I thought it was a bit of a Micky Take when I saw the Tyre hanging in the middle of the cage & the pile of Bananas in the corner [emoji205]

As said before… Boots at Nottingham, truly shocking place to tip… Currently in the waiting room. Arived at 1500 and have just got on a bay at 18 00.

the nodding donkey:
London.

2nded. Tesco Lichfield. Spent 3-4 hours only to be told that they hadn’t actually put my rigid on the bay.

Once you’re known stuff gets sorted a bit quicker (goods out btw. Only had one experience of goods in and that was when there was a fire. Grabbed my crash hat and ■■■■■■ off round the front to go home)

SubFocus:
As said before… Boots at Nottingham, truly shocking place to tip… Currently in the waiting room. Arived at 1500 and have just got on a bay at 18 00.

Do they still give you a pager?

Forrest products Tilbury docks :smiling_imp: go to office with paper work then they tell you to go to berth 42 and wait for forkie
then once loaded (Monday night turned up at 5pm not loaded till 6:45 and left 7:30pm ) go back to office to get load checked and get exit permit

the nodding donkey:

CHAINSAW:
Sainsburys Emerson Green disgusting facilities treated like a piece of dog [zb]

+2
H&S union guys like petty kids!

Talking of bike racks Nutrica yard off Wainwright Rd , Worcester is a fun place to tip.
Staff good…canteen but to small for volume of traffic & lots of 1st time foreign drivers there.
Swing a cat comes to mind .

blue estate:
Norbert Nuneaton crap canteen make you wait ages and only j Kyle on TV

Agree with above, but reception staff are friendly. Apparently they really did have someone drive off a bay on a red light which is why you have to sit in that canteen with J kyle now.

Norbert Heathrow is far far worse. Office people looked up as I arrived at the window then back down at their phones. After what felt like 10 minutes (was probably only 2 in reality) an irate bloke greeted me with “yes?” and then “I don’t need this hassle right now” when I told him I had come for a collection. Sighed, walked off for a while, then angrily, “bay 3”. Rude. On the plus side, you can wait in your cab at Heathrow.

As for good places, Yearsley Bristol is my favourite place to tip. Friendly staff, quick tip and allow you to take a 15 or 30 on the bay if they’re not busy. Filthy shower though!

Worst. UK paper Ellsmere port. In the for a day in a half. Always braking down and we were stuck with waste paper from Scotland.

Best so far, In Morrisons Wakefield right now. Straight on a bay and tipping. No arguments wi that. And the lassie on goods in was pleasant.

Egger Hexham, guys on the gate are helpful, guys in the machines are brand new, 2 even helped me strap down after i was sent on a wild goose chase and lost nearly an hour.

Brakes Newhouse, heard everyone say they are a shower of expletives, every time Ive been in I’ve been straight on a bay and tipped within half an hour. Plus there’s a honey works there with a cracking erse :laughing:

Nagels at Derby. Boulder brained nuggets on the gate and in the office.

Nagels at Preston. HS horseshine galore, book in here there go here to book in but actually all you do is stand at the locked window like a lemon until a pencil necked clown acts like you’re an inconvenience to his day. A forklift driver also tried telling me I couldn’t eat in my cab. Needless to say he was told to fork off.

B&Q Cambuslang. Complete and utter helmets in there.

A.

Bannisters at Bradford.

■■■■ hole. When you see their own shunter taking 20 minutes to get on a bay, you know its bad…

Adonis.:
B&Q Cambuslang. Complete and utter helmets in there.

A.

Only ever came across one helmet in there and he is an ex driver. All the other guys, even the security ones on the gate are sound.

damoq:
Only ever came across one helmet in there and he is an ex driver.

Ex drivers always seem to be the worst. Well, at first glance that is, like a large proportion of current drivers their favourite pastime is talking. All you have to do is humour them and listen to their stories of brake failure coming down the Blanc with 22 tonne of dynamite on, or the time it was so cold on Shap that he had to set fire to his hair to keep warm and they’ll treat you fine after that.

the maoster:

damoq:
Only ever came across one helmet in there and he is an ex driver.

Ex drivers always seem to be the worst. Well, at first glance that is, like a large proportion of current drivers their favourite pastime is talking. All you have to do is humour them and listen to their stories of brake failure coming down the Blanc with 22 tonne of dynamite on, or the time it was so cold on Shap that he had to set fire to his hair to keep warm and they’ll treat you fine after that.

This helmet at Cambuslang is impossible to crack. I’ve tried and plenty others I know have tried but to no avail. He is a grade 1 bellend this bloke. If you go in with your paperwork he tells you to go back to your truck and wait till he shouts you over. Don’t go over with your paperwork and he moans that you never came in right away. You just can’t win with him.

Robert Dyas Enfield. Complete bell end on goods in and bays that are on a slope that you have to go on dead stright because if you turn you run the risk of ripping your rear arches off on the unit when the trailer bottoms out. Also if you are between 2 other trucks there you can’t open your doors far enough to get out :unamused: So make sure you go to the bog before you get there!
[/quote]
Used to do the Dyas deliveries, know who you’re talking about on goods in :laughing: And them bays were a nightmare.

Thankfully they moved to a place in Hemel.

It should be best drivers and worst drivers, because what some of them are treated like at places and put up with it they have no balls.
Keys taken off them, no where to sit, no access to canteen, its not brain surgery, they treat you bad you drive out.
There will always be the people that will always be led by the nose, god help us they don’t know any better.