parking ticket

hey guys took my bird shopping into wakefield on the 5th of august decided to park in the car park on george street £1.20 per hour so gets ticket puts in car off we go to shop .After being dragged round primark for 30 mins gets back to car well within the hour never thought owt else about it until last saturday when i recived a ticket for contravening of parking time by 8 mins its moniterd by anpr cams i might add got me going in at 11 46 am and leaving at 12 23 pm .so i thought thats not right im sure i put a hour on anyway luckly for me id cleaned the car out on friday and put all the rubbish in a carrier and staight in the bin so i goes and gets the carrier and the tickets there ,it says paid until 12 46 fantastic i thought so now im gunna gi em hell ive wrote to them saying that i have the ticket that verifys i paid 4 a hour and also ive writen a letter to the local newspaper and informed the police because i am convinced this is a scam.How many other drivers got done on the same day and didnt keep the tickets.has this happend to anyone else on here and if so did you get an apoligy from the company concerned?

There is another current thread on this - I suggest a good read of that thread ASAP
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49981

Before you get carried away on the link Rog has posted, you need to distinguish whether its council controlled or overseen by a private parking co, if its council you’ll need to go through official channels and appeal the ticket, if its a private co (CP or similar) bin all correspondance, don’t make contact, and read the link Mr Rog kindly posted :grimacing:

Did you put the right reg into the ticket machine? This woman didn’t, but got the fine cancelled when she contacted the co.

As of jan 2008 it looks like it was run by Excel Parking Services Ltd., so unless the council have taken it back (unlikely) I’d say it’s safe to follow the advice in Rog’s link. (Assuming that’s the only car park on George St)

Big Joe:
… don’t make contact…

hyper26:
… ive wrote to them saying…

Oooops. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

Big Joe:
… don’t make contact…

hyper26:
… ive wrote to them saying…

Oooops. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Could be worse, he’s only written, and didn’t ring the premium rate contact no :wink:

just for info!! some of the carparks are now operated by independant car parking companies however they are operated under council control, the company will pass on any non payment ect to the council to deal with, not sure how this stands up with what others are saying.

dle1uk:
just for info!! some of the carparks are now operated by independant car parking companies however they are operated under council control, the company will pass on any non payment ect to the council to deal with, not sure how this stands up with what others are saying.

In that case if the car park is council owned but overseen by an outside contractor, then the only way out is via official channels, as in using the appeals process.

thanks guys it is excel il let u know what the outcome is

Last September my daughter and a mate went to a pub on Westgate road in Newcastle, for a pub lunch, its a regular occurence and when she came out of the pub there was a parking ticket on the windscreen despite being parked in the pub car park. She phoned me and I just told her to ignore it, if they contacted her for the name of the driver put me down and I’ll fight it with them.

Anyway, it’s almost a year now and she’s never heard a thing back from them, so either the £25 parking fine (Which rises to £60 if not paid in a month) is not worth their hassle or it’s a scam to see how many just pay up. When she asked the barman about it he said the brewery were now using a private company for parking management, and despite there being only small signs telling patrons they would be reimbursed the £2.50 charge against a purchase, there were still a large number of parking tickets being issued with customers not returning so they were losing out on more business from disgruntled customers.

hyper26:
‘…hey guys took my bird shopping…’

Que? No comprendez?
Or
That’ll learn ya