Parking Ticket

A friend of mine has today showed me a parking ticket that was placed on his car at 2.20am a few days ago.

The offence was effectively “Parking in a 40mph zone during the hours of darkness without parking/side lights”.

However, the police failed to notice that the road is actually a 30mph zone and therefore no offence has been committed. He’s only been parking his car in the same spot for the last 20 years without getting a ticket.

South Yorkshire Police have been advised of the error of their ways!

and what was there reply :question:

kitkat:
and what was there reply :question:

The letter only went today - but I’ll post as soon as it arrives.

They have also been invited to view the excellent and very clear speed limit signs on the road in question but I have a feeling they will decline the invitation!

Heres a strory from the Newcastle Evening Chrionicle with regards to a parking ticket, just goes to show that if you stand your ground :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

HERE.

I would doubt a police man/woman give this ticket out, for 2 reasons

1. 2:am your having a laugh!

2. Most would not know the difference of 40 and 30 mph roads and parking light regs!

Its gotta be one of the local government officers who are currently crying for public support because their pension (which is already the best in the UK) are being down graded, so they will have to work until they are 65 instead of the current 60.

The strange thing is the public want them to strike so we can all have a bit of peace.

TC:

1. 2:am your having a laugh!

2. Most would not know the difference of 40 and 30 mph roads and parking light regs!

Its gotta be one of the local government officers who are currently crying for public support because their pension (which is already the best in the UK) are being down graded, so they will have to work until they are 65 instead of the current 60.

The strange thing is the public want them to strike so we can all have a bit of peace.

The Police Officers name and number are clearly shown on the ticket together with the offence code, and yes, it was issued at 2.20am. I thought it was a joke at first, but it is a bit early for April Fools! They ticketed another four cars as well.

TC:

You have obviously never had to deal with South Yorkshire Police then. I would rather bang my head against a brick wall than deal with them.

I would have just let it go to court, and then make plod look very stupid in front of the magistrates. You could get costs as well, a few beers from public funds :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you the copper might be waiting outside with a gun :wink:

He was terrified enough just getting the ticket and would be a nervous wreck if he had to go to court which is why I did the letter for him.

I would have just let it go to court, and then make plod look very stupid in front of the magistrates. You could get costs as well, a few beers from public funds

What do magistrates know about law, you do not need any legal qualifications to became a magistrate.

Scene from a magistrates court

Mag: Clerk of the court what is the next case?

Clerk: A motoring offence.

Mag: Bring in the quilty party!!

Gulity untill proven innocent