parking ticket

Hi lads looking for some advice/help. Was recently delivering in the hell hole london and somehow acquired a parking ticket. Came through to office stating that i had parked from 12:09 pm to 12:09 pm wtf . I explained to work that i was in a temp parking space as next to buiding site (these are done to stop blocking road) but would have been there longer. Work have decided to ask for more photographic evidence as all they got sent is my num plate above my back rear door. I have told them if they do not persue an appeal i definately am. I cant understand how they can say i was parked when on their summons there is no time elapsed period not even one bloody minute so how can they say i was parked anyway . Before anyone says it yes it is a parking offence and not a red route one . I know you can appeal to the sort of parking ombudsman which i fully intend to do. Any advice most welcome cheers.

Sorry may have posted this in wrong place please could mod put it in other forum. And sorry for repeat post bloody stupid phone

Pretty sure Harry Monk is the man you want to speak to.

If the ticket was issued by TfL then just appeal it and chances are they’ll quash it. TfL let a lot of people off. Used to annoy my PCSO friend who’d spend half his day giving out tickets only for TfL to cancel them without a fight… PCSO’s are targeted you see.

If it’s been issued by the local council, you’ll have more of a fight. Good luck.

I think what is said on the ticket is that you were parked there, full stop. They don’t care how long, you were parked there. This parking system so frustrating in London. Most firms just pull their pants down when it comes to parking fines, it’s just hassle for them.
If the firm pays the fine,why would you want to chase it - let it go.

I had a similar situation in Somerset. Parked from 16.03 to 16.03. Appealed that to the tribuneral, and lost. Also lost the 50% discount.

The two identical times are because they don’t care how long you were there, just that you were there at a particular time.

If you were parked in a space with a time restriction you would have to different times on the ticket to show that you had breached the restriction. For instance, if there was a one hour limit, the ticket may say “parked between 13.30 and 14.40”…one hour and ten minutes.

A lot of music and theatre trucking companies add the cost of parking tickets into their prices now just to save hassle.

Hate London, avoid it like the plague if I can.

If you were making a delivery tell your haulage firm its there problem to sort out.

If they try and make you pay, when you get to your next delivery which is a bit dodgy phone up and refuse to make the delivery as you may get a parking ticket!

Where I work they pay my parking ticket if i’m delivering, only get any problems if you park for a break where you shouldn’t!

Were you delivering to the building site and used the temporary space to unload there ?
Or did you use the spot and not deliver there ?
As said Harry Monk is the man to ask, Pepilo or some firm that appeals this.

Sometimes it’s hard to just ‘leave it’ when it is unjust and unfair. If we all do that then these money grabbing councils / organisations will continue to extort money from businesses for legitimately going about their business. People will say parking illegally outside a building site is not legitimately going about their business, I can see the point but how do these people in London expect any building sites to operate. What it is (as far as councils operate), they are happy for people to park, and happy to reap the parking charges in. If this wasn’t the case then the charges would be astronomical, rather than £60 or whatever it is now. All your company can do is pass it on to their customer by writing it into the contract. Ultimately it is them that lose out as for the most part I doubt that they would be able to pass this cost on to the building contractor as they wouldn’t get the business ! As long as you do not pay for it then no matter how unfair it is, I wouldn’t worry about it !

Hi lads thanks for all advice. Ive been on google and now know exactly where i got it (street called old bailey) it was like this told by traffic marshalls to go up street and turn left down behind site so went up street but found impossible to turn left mega tight. So marshall says go further up road turn around come back down and pull over to the kerb and wait to go to loading area as cant block through road . So what the hell am i supposed to do am doing exactly what im told to avoid utter chaos and these bar stewards say your parked. No way am i paying it and i will fight this to the end even if work dont. Like many people have said lets build a colossal drop off point outside the hell hole and let boris and his cronies come and get their own stuff wonder how long it would last. Thanks for advice for future going to ring every time now put ball in their court .

anders66:
Hi lads thanks for all advice. Ive been on google and now know exactly where i got it (street called old bailey) it was like this told by traffic marshalls to go up street and turn left down behind site so went up street but found impossible to turn left mega tight. So marshall says go further up road turn around come back down and pull over to the kerb and wait to go to loading area as cant block through road . So what the hell am i supposed to do am doing exactly what im told to avoid utter chaos and these bar stewards say your parked. No way am i paying it and i will fight this to the end even if work dont. Like many people have said lets build a colossal drop off point outside the hell hole and let boris and his cronies come and get their own stuff wonder how long it would last. Thanks for advice for future going to ring every time now put ball in their court .

I’ve delivered a few times to that job and quite often have been told to go and wait up by the hospital at the end of Giltspur street, or to wait on Ludgate Hill. Must have been lucky as always on double yellow lines but thankfully never got a ticket.

I think a lot of the tickets come from the cameras they have. I was lucky collecting a big cherry picker from a building by suffolk bridge that got stuck in the building on a Saturday once. Had to park on the red lines for a couple of hours and never got a ticket. Phoned the company up to ask what to do first and they said just plonk down there and don’t move and they would cover anything.

It’s up to the company’s to kick up a fuss, they’re the one’s who normally have to pay. Why worry yourself over it ? You’ve got enough on your plate just doing your job.