Parking ticket

After all these years I’ve never had a parking ticket. Today I squeeze my 24" of merc in to a transit sized parking bay,either that or block the road, true there is a wee bit of overhang over the white lines marking the box , I’m handballing out of the back when this parking person walks by and without stopping hands me a ticket, says obstructive parking mate , I shout after him that I off loading.
but he was gone like ferret up a trouser leg.
Oh well I thought no worries Boss will pay , so I give him a call to say the ticket will be in the office in mornring, Oh no he says he aint paying , chuffin heck redundant xmas eve and a £85 parking ticket to pay as well . :cry:

Suggestions please

if your being made redundant on christmas eve , dont pay it - they will chase the owner of the lorry not the driver. just say to your company you paid it , so they dont get wide and take it out your last wage.

i dont even think i would pay it even if i wasnt being made redundant - you where doing your job FFS :open_mouth:

parking attendants are a horrible breed of people!

teatime:
After all these years I’ve never had a parking ticket. Today I squeeze my 24" of merc in to a transit sized parking bay,

I had a rocking horse bigger than that as a child :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Seriously though, the money cannot be taken from your wages. It’s been discussed on here before, if Christmas Eve is your last day you’ll be finished before the [zb] hits the fan. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Tiger.

One of our lads refused to pay they stopped it out his wages .They only got away with it because he was self employed . Im not sure but I don,t think they can touch your wages legally without your permission.
You dont even get a ticket in some parts of London now , they drive round in a Smart Car take your piccy and hey presto the fines on its way before you are .BxxxxS

I’m not sure on this point but I thought the driver only had to pay moving traffic violation fines :question: :question:

You need to check your Terms and Conditions of employment there is usually section about deductions.
Any deductions from wages should be mutually agreed and timescales set before the deduction is made.

This may help
worksmart.org.uk/rights/what … _permitted

My advice say nothing :smiling_imp:

ROG:
I’m not sure on this point but I thought the driver only had to pay moving traffic violation fines :question: :question:

I’ve had tickets before when unloading/loading at city centre hotels as some times you have no choice but to park illegally, given them to boss and never heard any more about them - part of the job, they will build hotels in silly places!!!

One drop i have to park on the side of a round about, but the call is an early so no traffic wardens about and no traffic in general, would not do it/try it during the day though.

Nottingham is a good place not to park illegally, they are everywhere them traffic wardens!!!

How many of us go looking to get a parking ticket . These bosses who won,t pay it will be the same ones who want you to park in a lay bye all night or outside the drop so you can get tipped first.
If things ever pick up i do hope these Scrouges get whats coming to them.HUMBUG!

teatime:
Oh no he says he aint paying , chuffin heck redundant xmas eve and a £85 parking ticket to pay as well . :cry:

Suggestions please

Suggestion? give the boss the ticket and think no more of it. if you were driving his truck and delivering stuff for his company when you were booked then the ticket is for him to worry about and pay, not you. sorry to hear you are being made redundant next week but if you only have another week to go what’s he going to do?

Is a parking ticket issued against the vehicle or the driver :question: :question: :question:

ROG:
Is a parking ticket issued against the vehicle or the driver :question: :question: :question:

vehicle.

pecjam23:

ROG:

vehicle.

then it is the owner of that vehicle is liable - am I correct :question:

ROG:

pecjam23:

ROG:

vehicle.

yes registered owner, thats who the parking company goes after via DVLA. well from what i know of anyway.

If he stops it out your wages drive it down to Dolphin way Ind Est Purfleet lock it up and leave it . It should be clamped within the hour and it will cost around £200 to release it . Got to be worth the bus fare home or if I, m down that way I,d give you a lift to teach Scrouge a lesson!

After 28 days and the fine not being paid the issuing authority apply to the DVLA for the owners details and a notice to owner is issued. You will be long gone by the time the notice to owner lands on the bosses desk and hopefully you will have had your wages from him, Tell him to whistle :wink:

ROG:

pecjam23:

ROG:

vehicle.

While it goes to the RK I don’t believe that actually makes them liable, after all they didn’t commit the ‘offence’. As said they can’t legally deduct it from your wages and IMO nor should they if you’re delivering for them.

just leave it in the truck, i got one once from cherwell services, never managed to get a parking ticket at like 3am, got a fine cause i ko`d yet my curtains were open and my legs were ont he dash so he coulda woke me up or something but no. agency then ask why i didnt stay up to get a parking ticket, i said ive been up since 7am the day before thats why ffs. this was 2 weeks after i had done the shift lol and i left it stuck in the drivers view ont he inside of the truck lol.

got another one in central london in a wee lane behind oxford street at house of frasers, got told load needs to be in london tonight! so edinburgh to london with 2 mins left to spare lol. had to park up at the drop, loads of drivers wernt happy i had to park there bt what am i meant to do. got a ticket while talking to another driver didnt think anything of it, then just as im about to pull away same traffic warden says you have to move or i will ticket you again spent ten mins arguing with him about tacho laws etc, even had the vosa handbook in his face but wouldnt have none of it but i wasted enough time to get myself ont he move again so said things to him i probably shouldnt have and drove off

handed ticket into office when i got back, nothing was said then a week later…letter pops through the door stating that drivers are responsible for parking tickets etc, sent it back with a letter stating that one of their employees told me not to worrya bout the parking ticket and that the company would pay it. didnt hear anything back. would been £240 quid aswell. bet all the business people thinking whys there a truck there with curtains shut and a guy who looks half dead standing next to it having a ciggarette lol.

I think this post just about sums up what a [zb] job this is

Fastrantiger; it feels like 24 inches after a life time on the artics. :open_mouth:

mick palmer ; Terms and conditions !! no writen contract with this outfit I was made redundant over the phone ffs

I’ll go with the flow as the ticket is against the vehicle and leave it with him

lefkasman; I like your idea very much indeed , I wonder how it would affect my referance for the next job ■■