Parking ticket

One of our drivers arrived early for a collection on West Thurrock industrial estate and was not allowed in. He was told to return at the scheduled time.
While he was asleep on the roadside his front wheel was clamped. He had to pay £250 with his credit card to be released. When he returned to the depot the company re-imbursed him straight away. A lot of drivers slag off ASDA but
when the [zb.] hits the fan they do the right thing.
Happy New Year to all.

All you did was deliver the vehicle and its load to a company at their request.
Therefore the customer is responsible. “or at least that’s my version” :wink:
first they contact your boss, he then says drivers problem, so they contact you, you put them in touch with the customer. who then puts them in touch with your boss. by then they should be out of time. :wink: :laughing:

well an envelople from my last work arrives and stupidly I think its my final wages P45 and holiday pay at last… is it heck , its that chuffing parking ticket ! no note just the ticket, sod that, I still aint telling where his truck is. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

send it back to the office

To be honest, if I were sent to a drop where I was likely to cop a ticket, and the company had a policy of requiring the driver to pay the fine, I would not make the drop. I am not going to do a days work in order to simply pay a poxy parking fine, so that the company and their customer can make money off my back :imp:

A week or so ago I had a call from the agency I work for informing me that I had been copped for a congestion charge of £60. I think I know the day it happened as I had to travel through the London congestion charge zone. Stupidly I had assumed all the company’s vehicles had been registered with the relevent authorities so that the £8 charge would be automatically taken.

I will have to swallow that one, but it has tought me to be more careful in future. What irritates me more than anything is that I have basically done near enough a days work for sod all :angry:

Just back from taking it back to the office, subtanned ex boss didnt want it back , I pointed out its against the vehicle, and wheres my wages etc etc told no wages until he has the truck . CAB monday I think.

i never had a ticket in my life, then on a wed i got done while unloading at newlook near oxford street, cus i had a wheel on the pavement,(insert giving warden a lot of abuse smile) newlook paid it.
then on the saturday outside the co-op near blackburn footy ground, i parked as i always did half on the pavement, then bugger me some ■■■■■ parkeds a ■■■■■■ van on a corner of a junction!! and some nob runs out and slaps a ticket ont he window… wouldnt even let me move it :imp: so i asked why the person hes working with was parked on a junction corner with yellow lines… he walked off to a little abuse :smiling_imp: then as im heading into darwin hes about to book this soft top bmw, then a bird comes out and he lets her off!!! i never did hear anything back of blackburn council about the wardens chosing to not give tickets to attractive women yet i got one for the same offence,… never did hear off em. :unamused:

I got a parking ticket about 2 years ago in Trafalgar sq . i was told to park in this parking bay by the event manager and given a parking pass and then the road was shut so i could unload 2hr latter i got a ticket the warden said i was there more than 20mint :question:

Ragnarok:
To be honest, if I were sent to a drop where I was likely to cop a ticket, and the company had a policy of requiring the driver to pay the fine, I would not make the drop. I am not going to do a days work in order to simply pay a poxy parking fine, so that the company and their customer can make money off my back :imp:

A week or so ago I had a call from the agency I work for informing me that I had been copped for a congestion charge of £60. I think I know the day it happened as I had to travel through the London congestion charge zone. Stupidly I had assumed all the company’s vehicles had been registered with the relevent authorities so that the £8 charge would be automatically taken.

I will have to swallow that one, but it has tought me to be more careful in future. What irritates me more than anything is that I have basically done near enough a days work for sod all :angry:

theres more than one way to skin.a cat.
go to the camping shop and buy a water pump and a 5 gal drum.
the water pump can pump diesel.
if you dont get it one way…
enough said.

pecjam23:

ROG:
Is a parking ticket issued against the vehicle or the driver :question: :question: :question:

vehicle.

No, im sure they are issued against the driver!

When the ticket isnt paid the peole issueing the ticket will find out who owns the vehicle via the DVLA, however it is the person who parked the vehicle who is liable, not the owner. It is often assumed by the authorities (wrongly) that the driver and owner are one and the same.

I believe that if a council issue a ticket they can force the owner to supply the details of who was driving so they can send the ticket to them. If the owner doesnt provide the details they can be prosecuted, however private parking firms dont have the power to force the owner to supply the drivers details, so if a vehicle belonging to you gets a ticket on a private car park (pub e.t.c) the company who issued the ticket will send you a demand to pay though the post after getting your details from the DVLA. You can refuse to pay and state that you didnt park it there and refuse to supply the info of the person who did park it there. The ticket cant be issued to the correct person and therefore dissapears. Easy!

just bin it and if the ■■■ hits the fan just say you never got sent the ticket, aslong as it wasnt recorded delivery.

tickets are issued to the vehicle…using the registration number.
parking wardens are a thick lot though.
i remember seeing some trailers dropped at the back of the empire theatre in liverpool,no units to be seen.
there were tickets stuck on the front of them just above the couplings.
i wonder how would they ever enforce that,i cant remember if there was a name on the trailers…theres always some of the entertainment hauliers parked in this street

greg50:
i remember seeing some trailers dropped at the back of the empire theatre in liverpool,no units to be seen.
i wonder how would they ever enforce that,i cant remember if there was a name on the trailers…theres always some of the entertainment hauliers parked in this street

I also wonder how that would work in respect of tractor units I have seen on Bulgarian plates pulling trailers on Dutch plates?

Ragnarok:

greg50:

I also wonder how that would work in respect of tractor units I have seen on Bulgarian plates pulling trailers on Dutch plates?

IIRC. continental trailers are by law supposed to be registered separately, which is why the trailer normally has a different registration number to the tractor unit. I’m pretty sure our resident feds/wheel tappers will be able to verify this.

Luckily DHL pay for our tickets, we aquire them on a regular basis as some of the London pubs have nowhere to park legally. A lad the other day told me he was stood at a drop in London, chatting with a warden, gave the guy a ■■■, stood smoking, went in pub for a ■■■■■ and came back out to find ticket on cab and no warden.