Parking at MSA's

I’ve spoken out about this before, but it would appear that most lorry drivers ARE thick, selfish and lazy when it comes to parking a truck at a MSA.

Yesterday, I pulled into Stafford southbound services to take a break. the first (or front) row was full, so I parked next to another truck in the second row. when I came back to my truck, I found I couldn’t reverse from my parking space because some lazy, inconsiderate driver had parked behind me on the perimiter of the parking area. There were 18 empty parking spaces, so why park so as to prevent someone from being able to leave? the same happens in front of the first row, drivers abandon their trucks with no regard for other people being able to get out as and when they want to, and often when there are plenty of empty spaces.
another gripe is when someone parks in a space, but doesn’t pull up to the line. they keep about a cab length back, effectively then restricting what can park behind them.

that’s it, rant over. sort it out lads.

Trouble is it’s hard work to manouver in Truck parks, the ground is normally so sticky it adds too much drag to the wheels.

And if you stop for any length of time the tyres bond themselves to the hardstand.

I try to park on the perimeter overnight but it does my head in when in the early hours drivers do a trailer change next to me (noisily), or a fridge parks close or a wagon is parked with engine running. When i did night trunks i would always try to park away from any wagons with curtains closed for obviouse reasons. If I leave early i pull out quietly with only sidelights.
I did once get so fed up (polite) i got up and drove naked round to the coach park. But Im older now and it trakes me a while to get out of the bunk in my dog kennel (MAN M cab)
Phil

This is becoming more of a problem. People are just inconsiderate or just dont care. They just park where they like with no regard for other people. I think its just becoming a case “of im alright Jack” and stuff the rest of you. It takes us back to the problem of taking breaks on the pump its just ignorant and shows you have no regard for anyone.
I just live quite happily in the fact that my parents brought me up to show at least a little consideration and respect for other people, and that everbody else in the lorry park thinks your a complete idiot aswell. :unamused:

Oh and karma is a wonderfull thing :wink: :blush:

Yes, your dead right Dave, the way things are these days, dunno why I should think lorry drivers should be exempt from the selfish attitude these days. Thouble with the CAMRA thing is that drink gave me up 20 years ago, and how does that fit in with you have the keys to the wagon and had a couple of bevvys. Used to worry me (hide the keys from yourself maybe, location in a sealed envelope to open in the morning) :open_mouth:
Phil

dennisw1:
Trouble is it’s hard work to manouver in Truck parks, the ground is normally so sticky it adds too much drag to the wheels.

And if you stop for any length of time the tyres bond themselves to the hardstand.

Sorry, but that one’s completely lost me… :open_mouth:

I had this problem the other month on Clackets lane at 0430 Iwehad two Paddies and two Poles right across the front of the parked up lorries just about sums it up paddies and Poles they don’t give a toss.

Taskman:
I had this problem the other month on Clackets lane at 0430 Iwehad two Paddies and two Poles right across the front of the parked up lorries just about sums it up paddies and Poles they don’t give a toss.

Hope you gave them a friendly knock, a smile, a good morning and ask them to move a tad :smiley: :imp:

Lucy:

dennisw1:

Sorry, but that one’s completely lost me… :open_mouth:

WeeWee lucy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Doh! :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’ve become totally disillusioned with the whole msa thing, you struggle to find somewhere to park up because half the drivers already in have parked like women on a shopping trip, you pay over the odds for crap food and even worse facilities, from here on in, if i can’t get to a decent truckstop it’s gona be a layby job or the site for my next tip.