Why do drivers do things like this?

I stopped at services on M62 this morning to find an artic parked right across 5 parking spaces. He was obviously taking his 45 min break, but I just couldn’t undertstand why he couldn’t be bothered to actually park in a space rather then block 5 spaces.

Have I missed something? Have they added loads more parking spaces at MSA’s? :unamused:

Could be that when he arrived those 5 spaces were occupied.

I stopped at services on M62 this morning to find an artic parked right across 5 parking spaces. He was obviously taking his 45 min break, but I just couldn’t undertstand why he couldn’t be bothered to actually park in a space rather then block 5 spaces.

Have I missed something? Have they added loads more parking spaces at MSA’s?

No Wilde1 you haven’t missed a thing! This kind of really selfish, really stupid practice, is common from a lot of drivers!

Example 1.
Killington Lake every night, approximately 10.30pm; the same four or five drivers (depending on which two get in first) park up for their breaks right at the two fuel pumps, blocking all other drivers from getting fuel for at least 30 to 45 minutes!
It’s not as if they draw fuel! No, despite there being space elsewhere, they park their trucks there and stand in the service station shop talking crap to each other, and to the staff who do nothing about it.
If I had to actually fuel there, I wouldn’t stand for that ridiculous nonsense.

Example 2.
The Golden Fleece (Jct 42 Carlisle) every morning approximately 5am onwards.
Despite the fact it’s usually really busy most mornings, the same drivers sit at the fuel pumps having a break for 45mins to an hour!
It doesn’t take 45mins to an hour to fuel a truck! But that doesn’t matter anyway, because most of them sit there on their mobiles, or stand in the shop or in the forecourt talking crap with each other AFTER they’ve fuelled!
If someone’s holding me up, I’m straight in there telling them to move! (and I make sure they do!)

I can confidently inform you Wilde1 that the only thing that’s “missing” is a brain between these morons heads!
But there’s also an arrogance about these tossers, as they seem to think they have a divine right to behave like that!

Thankfully I’d like to think these so-called drivers are in the minority…but it’s a big minority!

Pull their yellow lines, the problem will soon solve itself.

just kidding

allikat:
Pull their yellow lines, the problem will soon solve itself.

just kidding

:unamused:

That’s damned dangerous 'cos they wouldn’t know until they need to brake … and it might just be you infront of them!
Pull the red line by all means… or more subtly, put the trailer brake on.

ANDY1961:
Example 2.
The Golden Fleece (Jct 42 Carlisle) every morning approximately 5am onwards.
Despite the fact it’s usually really busy most mornings, the same drivers sit at the fuel pumps having a break for 45mins to an hour!
It doesn’t take 45mins to an hour to fuel a truck! But that doesn’t matter anyway, because most of them sit there on their mobiles, or stand in the shop or in the forecourt talking crap with each other AFTER they’ve fuelled!
If someone’s holding me up, I’m straight in there telling them to move! (and I make sure they do!)

Thankfully I’d like to think these so-called drivers are in the minority…but it’s a big minority!

Yeah…I see that type of selfishness at the Fleece all too often.

It’s the same ‘500+’ crowd. They drive a big motor with a fancy paint job and all the lights and tat that goes with it…and they think they own the place.

The Moss on the A74 south and the Shell on the other side is really bad…I’ve seen traffic queueing on the carriageway because the Paddies have blockaded the place.

You could do one of two things.

1.Ring or write to the transport companies involved,and ask them if they would take kindly to the fact that if YOU sat on a pump for 45 minutes holding THEIR driver up,would they like it if he/she missed their delivery slot.

2.Ring or write to the fuel station’s head office, (Not the actual garage.Aim for the top.) and tell them that if they continue to let their staff carry on with this practice,you will get your company to take their business elsewhere,and as each of your 100 vehicles,carries the equivalent of 1000 litres of fuel each,at roughly £1.20 pl,can they afford to turn away this sort of revenue,especially as garages are closing down left,right and centre.

The services are obliged to tell you the address of the head office,so getting that information shouldn’t be a problem,although in the case of Moto MSA’s,they usually advertise the regional manager inside the foyer.

Ken.

Andrew Leitch:
It’s the same ‘500+’ crowd. They drive a big motor with a fancy paint job and all the lights and tat that goes with it…and they think they own the place.

Jelousy isnt pretty!

they are the same idiots who park in the abnormal load areas. if you can. park in such a way that they can’t get out. when he asks you to move tell him your taking 11 off. :laughing: :laughing:

I think I have a met a few of these idiots on the road. It really narks me because they are supposed to be professional drivers, not professional tubes. They get all lorry drivers a bad name.

TONY530I:

Andrew Leitch:

Jelousy isnt pretty!

Oh…hit a raw nerve there…lol

Smugness isn’t pretty either.

Anyway why would I be jealous of you?

At least when I finish my shift…I’m not forced to wash wagons like you.

Andrew Leitch:

TONY530I:

Andrew Leitch:

Jelousy isnt pretty!

lol

why don’t you just tell the drivers that do this to move.i do,most are that bloody thick they don’t know there doing anything wrong

Andrew Leitch:

TONY530I:

Andrew Leitch:

Jelousy isnt pretty!

Neither was I mate, I took pride in my truck, was told to treat it like my own, and i like to think if i was a boss and gave my drivers decent kit they would look after it. My truck got washed 4 or 5 times a week purely through choice, some trucks in the fleet wont have seen any tlc for 6 months, but thats purely their choice…

One conflict betwwen drivers I once saw

Driver A - Any chance I can get on the pumps cheif
Driver B - 10 minutes, I am on my break
A - If you dont move it wont be the only break youll get today
B - F*** orf
A - THUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Coffeeholic:
Could be that when he arrived those 5 spaces were occupied.

Probably spot on Neil. Had this loads of times, you pull up where you can, stop, put it on break and one by one they start pulling out !! You feel like going up to everyone who pulls in and say…“honest, there was loads parked here when i stopped”…or sometimes i’m just honest and say i can’t reverse for toffee !!

It would be a fair assumption going off how other MSA bays are laid out but if he had parked where he was with others trucks in those bays, would of meant them being stuck on the bays. You can only reverse off them. I was watching the expressions on other drivers faces when they saw what he had done and you could tell they were thinking DHead! :smiling_imp: