MSA parking.

Parked in an MSA for only the second time in my illustrious career :smiley: . I left Saltley with one hour and forty mins left on my spreadover to do the 20 odd miles to meet the lads in Nuneaton. The M6 being the M6 I finally pulled into Corley 15 hours and 15 minutes after I started :imp: . Twenty eight bloody quid to park! Remind me not to do this again.

Not a single space left now, trucks abandoned everywhere, guess I wasn’t the only one to get caught out!

I can never understand these guys who park in them every ■■■■ night. :open_mouth: …reckon I would last a week in the job if I had to.
Rip off ■■■■ holes of the highest order. :smiling_imp:

the maoster:
Parked in an MSA for only the second time in my illustrious career :smiley: . I left Saltley with one hour and forty mins left on my spreadover to do the 20 odd miles to meet the lads in Nuneaton. The M6 being the M6 I finally pulled into Corley 15 hours and 15 minutes after I started :imp: . Twenty eight bloody quid to park! Remind me not to do this again.

Not a single space left now, trucks abandoned everywhere, guess I wasn’t the only one to get caught out!

I just don’t pay if I’m ever in them :laughing:

Very rarely I am, but like yourself sometimes it’s necessary.

A.

Not sure as there’s a pub within walking distance for a cooling pint either, bad luck Maoster, i’m raising a cold bottle here at home to you at this very moment, there that feels better doesn’t it :smiling_imp:

You are lucky you didn’t get cleaned out by an autonomous HSF trailer mate.

I haven’t parked in an MSA for years, mate of mine did a few weeks ago and also said he was lucky to get a spot. Full of left hookers as I think they don’t pay or they get a reduced parking rate. No idea if this is true or not. Toilet facilities were decent as were the showers, last time I used one they were awful but then it was only a tenner.

Could of been worse Maoster ,I ended up in the pit stop Tuesday night ,never again :open_mouth: ,my mate says I want thrashing for not going to Upton or in to Worcester!

Juddian:
Not sure as there’s a pub within walking distance for a cooling pint either, bad luck Maoster, i’m raising a cold bottle here at home to you at this very moment, there that feels better doesn’t it :smiling_imp:

Get thee behind me Satan with your beer talk! Anyhoo, as demonstrated below my emergency supplies come in handy. Showers were surprisingly clean and my £10 food voucher was invested wisely in a large Harry Ramsden cod and chips. All in all not too bad an experience. That’ll probably change though when some twonk reverses into me. Oh, while I’m here can someone please explain why a significant number of truckers think it’s clever to hoon through the lorry park at over 30mph? :smiling_imp:

They’re just checking their trailers are safely connected before hitting the road! :grimacing:

Punchy Dan:
Could of been worse Maoster ,I ended up in the pit stop Tuesday night ,never again :open_mouth: ,my mate says I want thrashing for not going to Upton or in to Worcester!

Your mate is quite right Dan. I quite like Worcester, but if given a choice it’s Upton every time for me.

Good man yerself Maoster :laughing: , i accept your Bud and raise you a swift Peroni.

Dunno why the half wits going flying through, presumably they can’t reverse and the handful of drive thru spaces are already taken so whizz past cos don’t a have a second to waste :unamused: , next stop Watford Gap for a drive thru slot, not a cat in hells chance they’d look at Rothersthorpe :wink:

heh heh, Rothersthorpe, that’ll confuse the young uns :smiling_imp:

the maoster:
Showers were surprisingly clean and my ÂŁ10 food voucher was invested wisely in a large Harry Ramsden cod and chips. All in all not too bad an experience.:

I parked at Frankley about a year ago, same as you got held up in rta, time up.
I’d already had a shower, went to pay my 25quid or whatever it was :unamused: , got my food voucher, cafe was shut all they had to offer was ■■■■ Burger King. :smiling_imp: …didn’t bother, kept the voucher and forgot about it and it expired. :smiling_imp:
So not a good experience for me.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That made me smile mate!

Juddian:
Good man yerself Maoster :laughing: , i accept your Bud and raise you a swift Peroni.

Dunno why the half wits going flying through, presumably they can’t reverse and the handful of drive thru spaces are already taken so whizz past cos don’t a have a second to waste :unamused: , next stop Watford Gap for a drive thru slot, not a cat in hells chance they’d look at Rothersthorpe :wink:

heh heh, Rothersthorpe, that’ll confuse the young uns :smiling_imp:

when I read that I thought ah that will confuse some then I read the rest of the post :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah it was a bit too easy, i have fond memories of dragging me limping B series in there early hours one morning not long after it opened minus the silencer after having collected a lorry tyre on wheel up sitting square in me lane :open_mouth: :open_mouth: only to find one of Beresford’s spreadaxles with a pair of wheels missing in the service area :blush:

Punchy Dan:

I never got the chance to park at Upton, what’s the attraction? :question:

We’ll fully embracing this MSA malarkey I did the standard thing of pulling me curtains around and ignoring everybody whilst I surf the tinterweb when this guy backs in beside me and leaves it ticking over for 5, 10, 15 minutes, so after being very British and tutting loudly I simply got out and fired my empty fridge up. 30 seconds later just like a magician he’d vanished. Result. Fridge back off now.

UK Tramp, you are not the sharpest tool in tool box, are you ?
I have read your posts about blowing your own trumpet.
Think abour it , a foreign truck parks up in a UK Msa, and does not pay.
The number plate is captured by the camera.
Dvla send the information of the vehicle to the parking operator.
The truck is registered in Europe.
Tell me now the invitation to pay the invoice for non payment will be successful ?
Reduce rate, for parking, wtf are you on about ?
There is jurisdiction between the UK and European countries to retrieve unpaid invoices .
Even if there was, the legal cost would be higher than the penalty invoice.

toby1234abc:
Tell me now the invitation to pay the invoice for non payment will be successful ?
There is jurisdiction between the UK and European countries to retrieve unpaid invoices .

I certainly feel I am probably a lot sharper than you, ■■■■ right there. However the clue is in these words “No idea if this is true or not”.

toby1234abc:

Again this is second hand info, so make of it what you will…but I have been told that parking fees, fines etc. which are unpaid are lumped together and then handled by a collections company. Obviously there will be a debt recovery company in the UK to handle domestic vehicles. Thurrock Council claim to pass foreign vehicle penalties onto a firm called ‘Euro Parking Collections’. As a sidenote, also seen quite a number of foreign drivers paying for parking, as they often have their reg number written down, and any of them do not look like UK reg numbers.