RoadChef MSA - what a croc of

One of those out of hours situations. Parked up at Sandbach south at around 22.00.
went in to pay . WH Smith was shut so had to wait for the Costa girl to return from wherever, to her counter, about 15mins so that I could pay …

THIRTY …G QUID !!! :smiling_imp: WHY. ■■?

There’s f-all there , space for about 12 trucks, only McD open, crap showers ( on n/b only) :smiling_imp:

If I had any time spare I would’ve gone on to Keel, which would have buggered me up for my collection the next day in Crewe.
Rant over :imp:

Does your company not refund you that?

Why did you not go to Crewe truck stop, Crewe ind est, Lymm, the Ind est before Thelwall, lay bys on A50 (one with the pub) or ANYWHERE other than a ■■■■■■ MSA, places are an absolute rip off.

Book it as expenses, surely you or your employer take that into account when pricing jobs ?

Do you think MSA’s which are primarily provided for taking a break should be used for rest periods or should that fall to “rarely found” truckstops ■■

Just realized you said £30 :open_mouth: …how can the robbing ■■■■■■■ s justify that, or are they sending out a ‘we don’t really want trucks overnight’ message.
Even if my lot would pay £30 parking, which I doubt, I wouldn’t park there on principle :smiling_imp:
and can’t see how anybody could afford, or be daft enough, to pay it anyway.

Must admit, i have ALWAYS been a truckstop/services parker… but these days i prefer a nice quiet industrial estate!! I can get a shower anytime in an MSA, or for a quid in a truckstop or rarely on a customers premises!! they can shove their £30 where the sun don’t shine as far as im concerned!!

B…