Charnock Richard

Stopped here for half hour. Wow. Talk about a truck parking free for all! Trucks parked here there and everywhere. Why don’t they expand these places to accommodate trucks properly instead of a handful of designated spaces?

Because they have more important things to worry about (car drivers, coach loads etc), as usual truck drivers are the least of anyone’s worries, why should msa’s be any different!?

Loos that stink of stale urine.
A great impression for foreign visitors and investers.
Come to Blighty.It stinks of ■■■■.

Try doing a changover there at 2200.You need to be quick

Tarrman:
Stopped here for half hour. Wow. Talk about a truck parking free for all! Trucks parked here there and everywhere. Why don’t they expand these places to accommodate trucks properly instead of a handful of designated spaces?

What you have to ask yourself is ‘how much did I spend in my half-hour there?’ If the answer was ‘nothing’ then that’s the reason they don’t make more spaces available for trucks, simple as that. I’m guessing that, as part of the planning permission for any MSA they are obliged to provide a minimum number of spaces for trucks but if they didn’t have to they certainly wouldn’t because the space that one truck takes up in parking/manoeuvering space can accommodate a coach with 40+ passengers or 20+ cars, all far more likely to spend money and pay the prices charged by the MSA.

I would eat and spend at MSA’s if they didnt have your pants down charging treble the price for goods in the shop than in the high street :wink:

Drift:
I would eat and spend at MSA’s if they didnt have your pants down charging treble the price for goods in the shop than in the high street :wink:

Excellent point. I don’t even go in them now because I know from experience that they will charge ridiculous amounts for anything you buy.

I heard them once trying to defend their pricing by saying that they offer a 24 hour service. Well so do bloody Tescos! :imp:

the maoster:
I heard them once trying to defend their pricing by saying that they offer a 24 hour service. Well so do bloody Tescos! :imp:

I think Tesco could actually do the public a favour by expanding to MSA’s. A little Tesco in the services with a good range, charging the same as what they do in my local one (ie. with £3 lunch deals etc.) would get my custom (although probably not pimpdaddys); same goes for Sainsbury’s or Morrisons.

WHSmith are the ultimate rip off merchants, with shop set up wherever they can get away with charging extortionate prices & need ousting/kicking into touch through competition for the common good.

Drift:

+1

rob22888:
I think Tesco could actually do the public a favour by expanding to MSA’s. A little Tesco in the services with a good range, charging the same as what they do in my local one (ie. with £3 lunch deals etc.) would get my custom (although probably not pimpdaddys); same goes for Sainsbury’s or Morrisons.

Err no thanks, I’m all for Asda, Sainsbury or the independent corner shop, zb tesco…!!!:evil::twisted:

This is a good point! Not just directing this at Charnock Richard, but lorry parking on MSA’s in general is very low down on their priorities, and that is a disgrace to an industry that keeps this country going. Facilities are extremely poor and it’s one of the reasons why I don’t do tramping anymore. The government should address this haha :laughing:

That said, I often see drivers taking a ■■■■■ in between cab and trailer on HGV parking areas, and come the hot weather that’s why they all stink :angry: :angry: :angry: Yes I know the toilets stink and every cubicle always has a turd left in it, but you shouldn’t ■■■■ on the tarmac. :open_mouth:

One excuse I got when I queried a price was the cost of delivering to a motorway service station along with the cost for staff to get to work!

Charnock is a dump. Should be knocked down and be totally redesigned.

samwilson1:
One excuse I got when I queried a price was the cost of delivering to a motorway service station along with the cost for staff to get to work!

They have access roads, do they pay taxi fares for them?
99% of goods pass services every day, what a feeble excuse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So they charge more to cover staff costs getting to work. Might suggest that one to the boss next week… their choice to work there, the cost is down to them not the company

Can I interest you in 2 bags of Opal Fruits (that’s how out of date they are) for sixteen quid?

Or perhaps a hot dog that we “make” on site. Apparently out of road kill and blowouts.

ObviousRichy:
This is a good point! Not just directing this at Charnock Richard, but lorry parking on MSA’s in general is very low down on their priorities, and that is a disgrace to an industry that keeps this country going. Facilities are extremely poor and it’s one of the reasons why I don’t do tramping anymore. The government should address this haha :laughing:

UK lorry drivers haven’t helped themselves over the years though, treating facilities that have been laid on badly. If the government built loads of free lorry parks I could almost guarantee that within 12 months they’d be knackered… litter everywhere, showers in a foul state, ■■■■ stinking tarmac, entrance bollards flattened etc.

M&S used to be reasonably priced for good stuff but their prices have now started to head north too. In the last 3 months or so prices of some stuff is up by 20% - why do they always kill the golden goose?

But Beaconsfield and Cobham are always rammed.

Surely they’re the way forward? McDs, and Greggs. Nice and cheap. But always spotless.

And even if you’re not a stingy git like me (the reason McDs is busy is it because it charges high street prices, without the BK 50% surcharge) you have the option of about 10 various eateries.

samwilson1:

Another one I’ve seen is the operators have to pay for the maintenance of the slip roads. When was the last time you saw one of those being resurfaced, I sure can’t remember.

And even if you’re not a stingy git like me (the reason McDs is busy is it because it charges high street prices, without the BK 50% surcharge) you have the option of about 10 various eateries.

Yep, BK can F Right Orf if they think I’m paying their ludicrous prices. No wonder they’re empty. All their normal stores do a King Of The Day meal for £4 with a different burger each day of the week. They’d do good business on services with that as for £4 you can’t even get a sarnie, crisps and a drink. In fact you’d be hard pushed to get the sarnie and drink for that.