Stupid parking at MSA's - HGV Drivers

I’ve noticed this recently, is it a growing trend or what? Monday morning on the way to Birmingham I stop at the services on the M6 (I think just after J6). We have virtually an empty park, bar the artics that are parked on the left hand side, right away from the services and a couple of them in the marked spaces. What is this? Rocket science - the park’s virtually empty, it’s not that difficult to reverse in - in fact, scrub that, you don’t even have to reverse in, mabey you can’t manage to pull in forewards either :angry: .

Also the services on the M42 after Tamworth, the one with the tight corner that some idiot allways (well, they have whenever I’ve been in their anyway - maybe they follow me round - I know a black cloud does) has parked an artic across so you have to clip the corner with your trailer wheels on the way round. Not to metion the idiots who couldn’t be bothered/can’t manage to reverse into a space, so they park across the end on the double yellows and ■■■■ it up for everyone else. They’re tight enough as it is most of the time, so don’t make the job harder :angry: . This is turning into a rant, so I’ll end it here. I’ll not mention the muppets in cars who ignore the car park and decide to sit in the lorry park - although the staff were pretty swift at shooing them away when asked nicely to do so :astonished: :wink: .

I’m sorry to rant, but the mind really does boggle at stupidity :astonished: - don’t drag yourself down, you’r a professional driver, can you park like one? Thanks

I park along the double yellows at the top on my 45 when I am on a night shift to minimise disturbing drivers trying to get a good nights sleep.

Yeah, LadyT - on nightshift. That I can understand, like I said, the MSA was nearly empty without anyones curtains closed :confused: :confused: .

Get used to it. Here in the states, the parking ability of most drivers is so poor that you’re likely to get whacked every 10th time you park at a truckstop. I wonder if the longer trailers we pull have something to do with that??

AlexxInNY:
I wonder if the longer trailers we pull have something to do with that??

Only if your parking areas are the same size as ours for our shorter trailers Alex.

AlexxInNY:
Get used to it. Here in the states, the parking ability of most drivers is so poor that you’re likely to get whacked every 10th time you park at a truckstop. I wonder if the longer trailers we pull have something to do with that??

The bloke that marked out the parking spaces at Birchanger services must be American then, coz they are a bit tight :open_mouth: , I think his tape measure needs a dose of ■■■■■■. :smiling_imp:

Also, I don’t need to hear the sound of reversing bleepers at 3am, or the sound of some old scanny 3 series V8 taking off in the wee small hours either. :angry:

i think parking should be banned…full stop…a driver…once he gets into his truck should not be allowed to rest…he should only stop for loading/unloading.and work a 15 hour day without a break…overnight stops should cease also…that way the car drivers can go about their business without heavy trucks blocking their parking spaces…and the service areas can claim back their land that has been overtaken by building truck parking spaces…they can build playgrounds for kids that have nothing else to do…at least the parents can enjoy a meal whilst their kids are out of the way on the swings etc…huge signs should be placed at the entrance to the service area banning trucks from entering…and replace it with a cheery face saying keep moving trucker…stopping to collect a newspaper along the high street should also be banned…and a confiscation order for the vehicle in question should be enforced…at least the traffic should keep moving…and all commercial sites should be in their own industrial zones as in europe…with no commercial premises allowed in towns and citys…thats just about it for now…i`ll post more if i think of any…maybe you can too… :laughing:
have a nice day

You missed running all the freight out to the commercial zones by train TruckyBoy :laughing: . Had a most entertaining 45min at the services today watching people parking A) In a hole where they should. B) In the coach park where they shouldn’t and having a row with the jobsworths. C) Across 2 parking spaces and D) Across the front of three of us so we were all boxed in and couldn’t move :unamused: . The idiot (and I won’t name and shame) got short shrift when he got back :smiling_imp: .

The ones that park on the diesel pumps to have their breaks are the worst, I drive on a track stopper system so when I go in to fuel up I want to be in and out as fast as possible and not have to wait for someone to finish having their coffee :imp:

If your not fueling up find else where to park please, also if you are fueling up don’t spend long periods of time in the shop buying shopping and coffee, if you want to do that pay for the fuel move off the pumps then go back to the shop. It just allows everyone else that wants to be in and out to do so unhindered, Thank you.

Drive Safe.

Crash Override:
The ones that park on the diesel pumps to have their breaks are the worst, I drive on a track stopper system so when I go in to fuel up I want to be in and out as fast as possible and not have to wait for someone to finish having their coffee :imp:

If your not fueling up find else where to park please, also if you are fueling up don’t spend long periods of time in the shop buying shopping and coffee, if you want to do that pay for the fuel move off the pumps then go back to the shop. It just allows everyone else that wants to be in and out to do so unhindered, Thank you.

Drive Safe.

I always park on the pumps for the very reason of my own safety, i normally only take a 15-20 min break though, but it’s very rare for me to do it. I normally wanna get on and get home…

As for blocking the pumps up, there is more than one pump! hehe

tiggz:
I always park on the pumps for the very reason of my own safety, i normally only take a 15-20 min break though, but it’s very rare for me to do it. I normally wanna get on and get home…

It’s nice to know my fellow drivers are professional and considerate people.

tiggz:
[
I always park on the pumps for the very reason of my own safety,

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

how safe is it at the front of a queue of angry drivers :wink:

Denis F:

tiggz:
[
I always park on the pumps for the very reason of my own safety,

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

how safe is it at the front of a queue of angry drivers :wink:

Dennis, You’ve got a way with words :grimacing:.

Click Happy:

tiggz:

It’s nice to know my fellow drivers are professional and considerate people.

Innit… :smiley:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses: