M5 Cullompton services

Every Friday when the traffic is heavy this msa gets rammed with cars.
The car park is full so they use and block the truck park. Last week traffic on the M5 was particularly heavy, I was on about 4 25 and struggled to get parked, one space left on a blindside manoeuvering around parked and abandoned cars, and a queue of trucks behind me unable to park.
This Fri I pulled in on a 15minute to get Maccy’s latte, 7cars were parked at right angles to the barrier in the end space, the only space left was the adjacent one so I backed in blocking in all 7 . OK it was partly me being arsey, but on the other hand I had no choice, it was park or ■■■■ off.
I got out to walk and this knob blasted his horn so I ignored him. He shouted '‘I need to get out’ in a less than friendly manner, I just looked at him in a couldn’t give a ■■■■ sort of way, and said ‘Don’t park your car in the truck bays then mate’
When I got back with my coffee (and after a quick walk around the motor looking for damage that he may have done) I got back in the cab and completed the 5 mins of my 15 min bk (with my feet up on the open door just to annoy him) He never said a word, but looked totally ■■■■■■ with me.
Point is if he had asked me civilly when I first stopped, I would have let him out.

I know the msa turn a blind eye for the extra revenue thst cars provide over single manned trucks, but try parking your truck on the car area, and see how they would react. All msa.s only provide truck parks because they have to by law, in reality we are not welcome… apart from nights when some of you are daft enough to pay their extortionate parking charges.

Think I’d have had a 45 and so would a lot of us…

That’d have been a 45 hrs. :imp:

robroy:
All msa.s only provide truck parks because they have to by law, in reality we are not welcome… apart from nights when some of you are daft enough to pay their extortionate parking charges.

It’s not law it’s policy to be ‘signed from the motorway’. Poorly implemented since the late 80’s early 90’s in an attempt to deregulate and improve standards.
I noted last month it was £60 to park a car overnight in London on that reasoning a truck takes about 3 car spaces so a fair charge is £240 a night ?
Most MSA’s are 90-100% full each night so technically they could up their charges in a market forces driven market/economy . Similar to truck drivers wages lack of supply = higher wages ?
A legitimate business running expense to be claimed back ?

Ps Cullompton is only signed NB as it has limited parking, there were plans to expand Tiverton one junction North into a proper MSA which never happened.

When the Gov’s fuel pricing farce happens you may notice it.

I pulled in to the new Gloucester South bound services last night, very nice it is too.
But quite a large caravan park but just 3 or 4 in it,but still this idiot pulls accris 4 disabled spaces at front of entrance and let’s the family all out,lazy and inconsiderate,and when intold him he just wondered off, :imp:

Sorry, I was guilty of this a few weeks ago when I went down Cornwall camping but I showed off and reversed our car and trailer into a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ :smiley: where as others parked along the barrier. Having said that I obviously understand when a truck driver has to stop they have to stop, so if I was in the last space, I was prepared to move out of the space and then park back in front of the truck while I finished my crapdonalds and the driver had his 45

Parked here a few months ago, think its on snap and only popped in on the offchance but it was fairly quiet so stayed the night. Anyway it was only about 4pm so plenty of time for a shower and me usual evening shenanigans. Lots of clunge around so quite a nice evening. The 3 cars I blocked in may disagree though :wink:

Following day was nice little tip and reload in Plymouth, then as it was Friday got given the option to run back to the midlands or bring it to Felixstowe, obviously choose the Fstowe option and a sweet Saturday out of it.

Remember it well as I took a gamble on the A303 which paid off, in fact the 3 days reminded me why I like to truck.

Dipper_Dave:
Parked here a few months ago, think its on snap and only popped in on the offchance but it was fairly quiet so stayed the night. Anyway it was only about 4pm so plenty of time for a shower and me usual evening shenanigans. Lots of clunge around so quite a nice evening. The 3 cars I blocked in may disagree though :wink:

Following day was nice little tip and reload in Plymouth, then as it was Friday got given the option to run back to the midlands or bring it to Felixstowe, obviously choose the Fstowe option and a sweet Saturday out of it.

Remember it well as I took a gamble on the A303 which paid off, in fact the 3 days reminded me why I like to truck.

Did you sample the pub Dave that sits on the corner as you turn right out of the msa? Cracking meal there, and if you walk further into town the other pubs ( I am told :wink: ) are full of what you might be looking for… of all ages, and all tastes and types catered for.
btw ‘they say’ that the Grannys are lower quality err ‘company’ but you’re guaranteed a ■■■■■■ good breakfast :laughing:

You can also park on the Ind est across the M5 if you don’t want to pay at the msa.

I must confess I didnt but must start going for a wander, trouble is by the time ive got comfy I usually crack open a couple of coronas and chill out.

You can use my parking space on the other side of the rail tracks to the shell garage for free .

Cullompton, much like Bridgwater Moto J24, is tiny and one of the more modern builds which don’t seem to be ‘proper’ MSAs, but even since they were built the amount of traffic and therefore parking usage has increased massively. And of course in August of a weekend it’s just madness with the holiday plebs dawdling about everywhere.

Dan Punchard:
You can use my parking space on the other side of the rail tracks to the shell garage for free .

Nice one cheers Dan, I will pm if in the area again… Out of curiosity do you live nearby. :wink:

Dipper_Dave:

Dan Punchard:

Nice one cheers Dan, I will pm if in the area again… Out of curiosity do you live nearby. :wink:

No m8 I live nr matlock ,I’ve not been far but I’ve been everywhere ! Just don’t get there too early as iam not sure how the people in the units are on this ,don’t be too late or someone else will have taken the space !!