Park and Ride

insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1387

what do you all think a good idea or not :question:

If the council in Bishop Stortford feel this way perhaps they shouldn’t get any HGV deliveries for a few weeks, perhaps they may then change there view about us :smiling_imp:

Personally the last time I tried to use park and ride the bus driver wouldn’t let me on the bus with my load :wink:

i dont see what they are complaining about. park and ride sites tend to be out of the way and its that what they want for HGVs? it sounds like yet another anti-HGV council who are yet to realise just how dependant they are on us :unamused:

Wouldn’t it be nice If all the lorry drivers in the country refused to deliver to any area where there was no over night facilities provided.

I would like to see all lorry drivers refusing to enter any area that has :-

night restritions on lorry’s (why ban them at night when theres less traffic?)
weight limits with “except for” clauses either they let us in or they dont.Oh but it’s ok when it suits them.
trestricted loading/unloading times

Lets see how much they need us then :wink:

north surrey haulage:
Wouldn’t it be nice If all the lorry drivers in the country refused to deliver to any area where there was no over night facilities provided.

weight limits with “except for” clauses either they let us in or they dont.Oh but it’s ok when it suits them.
trestricted loading/unloading times

Lets see how much they need us then :wink:

It would be good.
We all know that the industry couldn’t afford an all out strike, the police clamp down on blockades and go slows.
What could they do to selective delivery bans :question: , lets try inside the M25 for starters :bulb: :smiling_imp:

i remember argueing with a car driver on a different site about our restrictions. they suggested a 2 hour window for HGVs during the day for delivering to towns/cities. i did point out that he was basically proposing that we close the place down to accommodate all the wagons arriving at once :laughing:

Councillers have to be elected — so they play politics.

I go into Brake Bros on Dunmow Road at B/Stortford regularly as you turn off the A120 it’s a 7.5t weight restriction except for access, its narrow, the road surface is dreadful, there’s a grotty little roundabout about 300 metres in, not a good place for a truck park unless they intend to improve the access somehow? :confused:

I would refer these muppets to the City of Hull, their park and ride has been an overnight Truck Park for at least a year.
Also, wouldn’t it be a good idea for Hull to turn the waste land at the last services on the A63 into Hull, and the first services out of Hull waste land into a truck park, both have a decent amount of room, and could incorporate portakabin cafes.

Dratsabasti:
I would refer these muppets to the City of Hull, their park and ride has been an overnight Truck Park for at least a year.
Also, wouldn’t it be a good idea for Hull to turn the waste land at the last services on the A63 into Hull, and the first services out of Hull waste land into a truck park, both have a decent amount of room, and could incorporate portakabin cafes.

I hate sticking up for Hull and the Codhead community, but some of their council decisions do make sense, The lorry park at Walton Street which doubled as a fairground, Brighton Street lorry park, and now the new park and ride facility which is a nightime lorry park, all council owned and maintained,

They also have private telephone services which are cheaper than BT and a good idea that other cities have to follow is that they allow motorcyclists to ride in bus lanes.

I think those 2 service areas are still owned by the landlord of the fuel stations and are too expensive to develop. although there was a decent cafe there for a while on the westbound side, till it was set on fire

north surrey haulage:

I think one of the main reasons for nightime bans is for people to get some sleep as the noise of a lorry going past your house at 2 am can be rather noisy, but as a night driver i totally agree that more deliveries should be made at night which would probably result in less accidents on the roads due to less idiots (car drivers) (excluding the ■■■■ lorry drivers with fog lights on of course) on the road.

I think opening Park and Rides for lorries to park at night would be a great idea but how long would it be before it stinks of urine?, because most drivers are too lazy to put some clothes on and go to the toilet in the middle of the night?.

How long would it be before the facilities are wrecked by some of the idiots who break shower heads and toilet pans and seats just because they …WELL i dont know why but some sphincters do it and i really dont know why.

Its a great idea and would provide a massive income for the council,s bu ■■■ just ain,t gonna happen due to the fact that they hate lorries.

jammymutt:
I think one of the main reasons for nightime bans is for people to get some sleep as the noise of a lorry going past your house at 2 am can be rather noisy,

so what? these people chose to live there! if they wanted peace and quiet, they should have moved to a residential estate with no shops.

before i get slated for this one, i live on a dual carriageway which is one of the few routes into town but i accept the fact that wagons roll past all night. again, i chose to live here so i wont be going outside to cause trouble for those who are trying to earn a living