Were not really wanted!

Another example of the people wanting the goods but not the trucks that bring them!

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … 8495#38495

I wonder how long it would be for them to beg for our return if every truck stoped delivering there!

Oh… my Gods… what idiotic whingers we have in this nation!!! It makes me sick! The council, in their indefinite wisdom can’t provide suitable places for vehicles to unload to keep their shops full of the products people come shoppping for, and thus want to issue parking tickets to all and sundry…

Someone remind me never to delive to Stourbridge if they get anywhere with this lunacy… :unamused:
Disgusting.

i,m currently trying to find the web page for stourbridge council… just to point out the practicality,s of uk truck driving in and around towns like theres…
who wants to bet i dont get a reply when i do find the address… :wink:

They won’t have a web page!!
you have to use quil & ink! :open_mouth: :smiley:

You sure they’re up to that level of techonolgy Critic? I thought they were still using stone blocks…

I think this website covers Stourbridge

Ok people, start e-mailng them :laughing: .

thanx for that niel… ive emailed a local mp… a mrs june collins… will let you know if i get a response… tho divvint howld ya breath :wink:

i think the story was more to do with bad parking than actually having the trucks there delivering■■?

paul

Mrs Scott said they had suggested that vans deliver goods early in the morning but were told this was not be practicable, so the only option now was for the police to get involved.

Looks like its a delivery problem to me!
if the Car drivers didnt park on delivery bays and all over the place, may be waggons could park safely!

We have a similar situation not far from here in Woodstock VT, on route 4.
Truck drivers are harrased and as you enter the town limits you can be sure a cop will be waiting and follow you through looking for any violation, even 1 mph over the 25 mph limit will result in a ticket. As you leave the town another cop will be waiting to check the legnth of your truck (max 72ft, with a spacial permit) if you are pulling a 53ft trailer you have to move the fithwheel as far forward as it will go and move the tandems as far forward also, you will be checked without fail. :exclamation:

In these days of fuel protests and father protests is it not about time someone took the bull by the horns and said OK thne no haulier will deliver to this place that would get the message across when they find the shops are empty…

Sent the following to Councillor Jones at cllr.les.jones@dudley.gov.uk

Dear Councillor Jones

I read with interest the newspaper article about the action group complaining about vehicles parking inconsiderately in Stourbridges narrow streets, how amusing I find this, I myself am now a company owner who employs an HGV Driver to deliver our goods to Stourbridge, on numerous occassions my driver has found the neccessity to complain about having to cause obstructions on this street whilst carrying out deliveries. The council now find the need to put this matter into the hands of the police? okay, if this is the case instead of tackling a problem, you decide to enforce the law, then my company will certainly stop delivering goods to your narrow high street. If all transport companies decided to take this measure, Stourbridge would soon have no problem with the inconsiderate parking on the narrow high street, simply because there will be no goods in the shops for the shops to sell, which of course will result in the shoppers going elsewhere to do their shopping which inevitably ends up in businesses moving out and the Council then losing the business rates from the businesses.

When are the Councils going to point out to the Whinging Public that transport companies cannot deliver to shops before 8am if they dont open until 9am?

Everybody relies solely on goods being delivered at some point by trucks, but do not want trucks on the roads?

Truck Drivers are treat like the lowest form of life by members of the public, councils and other road users, very few councils provide parking facilities for these vehicles, nor do they supply public conveniences, if they do supply public toilets they are always situated away from where truck drivers can access them without parking illegally due to the many yellow lines or weight limits placed around the locations. Newcastle City Council introduced no car lanes which speeded up the transit through the city by large goods vehicles and vans, simple things like this can have a tremendous result.

I would personally invite you onto the website used by most truckdrivers this can be found at www.trucknetuk.com where you or a representative may actively give your opinions along with accepting the views from professional truck drivers, these forums are moderated, but I’m sure you will find many suggestions from professional people who would happily give you sensible suggestions in tackling the everyday problems truck drivers find on deliveries to places such as stourbridge.

Best Regards

Davey Driver

Managing Director

Capitol Enterprises Ltd

Nice one Dave.

nice to see nothings changed :imp:

when i first started driving i had to deliver to a pet store in the town and 2 weeks in a row i damaged a car which was illegally parked (o but it had a disabled badge on it).

pretty [zb] without the car for a week i can tell you.its these muppets who just pull up and dump it anywhere without a care in the world.fujimar the lot of um

rant over
:imp:
jon

Davey, I hope you’re not holding your breath waiting for an answer to a very reasonable and reasoned email that you sent.

Along with stourbridge, there is Westminster council sending £500,000 in parking fines to Exel over a year.

The simple answer is to stop delivering to these places, albeit, it will take huge sphericals from the haulage companies suffering these fools.

Were not really wanted!

So whats new :open_mouth: :question:

i had this very problem twice.once in portobello high street.i used to be in an 11ton rigid when i 1st started with scottish express international,i had a small lamanatied flooring company in the high street,at least 2-3 times a week i’d get this delivery on.the shop was situatied on the corner of the road with a side street down the side,outside the shop you had a pedestrian crossing with lights on it.i had to park with my bumper just on the zigzag line to allow traffic to enter/exit side street. one day i’d just got the customer to sign my paperwork and i was finishing strapping the curtain down when pc plod’s come out of said side street.he rolls his window down and says don’t park there again,no problem i replied he won’t get another delivery of me.so i pulls away thinking thats the end of it,half mile up road i checks o/s mirror and i notice this coppers flashing his headlights at me.so i pulls over and he come’s upto the cab and asked me to jump out,i did and i said what’s the problem officer? he replied we take a dim view of people parking in or around a zebra crossing,i said yes i understand that but you saw for yourself that i’d no where else to park,if i’d parked down the side street then you would not have got out of street, and then you’d do me for obstruction.he replied yes probably.i then said where did you want me to park?he said across the road,i said your having a laugh ain’t you mate 3ton of lamanated flooring across the road :open_mouth: i said ok forget the chit chat whats the damage,he said fixed penalty 40quid,3 points on licence.ok i’ll accept it under protest as i think your bang out of order here pal as if you where going to book me, you should have done it back there.he said i can do what i want.sorry pal i said your wrong and you and your partner here are looking for browny points.in the end i got the ticket,but b4 i left i asked him his name and what station he came from,he said why?because i’ll be making a complaint that you refused to book the rest of the cars at the other end of the crossing and that you followed me half a mile up the road to book me.i jumped in the cab and left him looking at me.i called the station that night and spoke to his inspector,i explained to him and he agreed that it was bad practice what he had done,but he could not over ride the ticket.he also said that he would have a word with this officer tomorrow morning and explain to him a little pr goes a long way.

the other one was in leith.there’s a small sport’s shop called mcdonald sports in leith walk,outside there is a loading/unloading marked area.if you don’t know leith it’s got the usual bus/taxi lanes red zones and lots of traffic wardens.anyway i’m approaching the shop and i noticed theres a jag who’s half in the parking area, in getting his ■■■■ and paper from the wee shop next door,so i pulls in and reversed back as far as i could, i could not get all my truck in due to the jag.i jumped out and there’s a member of the wardens right at me,she opens her book and comes over to me.i said what do you think your doing?she said your parked on the red zone :open_mouth: i looked at her and said are you stupid or something i’v got a bloody half wit of a jag driver parked in my loading area.she replies yeah that’s right ok i said you can cover that wagon with as much tickets as you wish and do you know why ,she said no well it’s like this love i don’t pay the fine,but b4 you do start writting the tickets out let me get my camera 1st so as i can take a picture of the jag and where it is parked that way we can contest the ticket.she had a quick think about it and :wink: said ok i’ll have a look for this jag driver and see if i can get him to move.i said get him to move i said you’ll give him the ticket that you where quick enough to try and give to me, because it’s a truck you think we’re easy money,sorry to disapoint you love.i carried on with my delivery and she was still standing outside when i left,i just gave her a smile and got on my way.

Well done Kitkat :smiley: :smiley: :wink: