Can everyone of you please stop people smuggling

Clearly that’s the opinion of those objecting to Keele services creating a 100 space lorry park :unamused:
Seriously they don’t want hgvs parking on industrial estates or lay bys and now they are even objecting to them parking at services !!!
stokesentinel.co.uk/news/fe … ry-2551689

Wow, that is seriously poor. When I see the I-word being abused, or hear somebody on tbe radio start a reply to a question with “So” it instantly makes me suspect that they’re full of crap. Throw in a “basically” or a “moving forward” and it confirms my suspicions.

I was considering…

Extending the patio this year. You know, a bit more space for a BBQ and some comfy summer chairs.

Obviously now I’ve read this news, I’ve changed my mind!

Fears of rampant “people smuggling”, being countered by concerns of protecting drivers from “terrorist hi-jackings”…!
What world are these people living in?
Of all the arguments for/against truck parks, these are way down any list made by anyone with even half a functioning brain cell, surely?

If we were paid a fair wage we wouldn’t have resort to people smuggling, the ■■■■ and booze ain’t enough.

Thankfully all this will end when the resident Einstein of these pages launches driverless lorries all by his own self.

They’ll never need to stop, being fuelled by magic, extracting wireless electricity from the road beneath, so zero emissions too, utopia i tell you.

Lorry parking will become a evil thing the borg children of the future will be indoctrinated was on a par with slavery/empire (same thing in some eyes), so thankfully all those lorry parks and ground wasted as laybys can be used for houses, leisure, shopping centres and places of compulsory worship for all the millions more people arriving via boat train and plane that we won’t need thanks to automation.

There that about covers it :laughing:

We all know it is hidden agenda nimby ■■■■■■■■ in reality, but if they are now trying to use this type of crap as an excuse and justification to stop us parking, and opening new parking facilities (even if it is a ■■■■ msa) then why try and cure the sympyom,?
Instead start curing the cause of the disease instead, of these ■■■■ freeloaders scroungers and yeh terrorists, infesting our home land, by stopping the glaringly obvious reason for it…Pure incentive that is only provided by the UK. :bulb:

What they fail to see when their all tucked up cosy in bed is the trucks parked on the car park/coach park. The very thing they are trying to stop is already happening.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

If only they knew that module 4 of CPC test taught us all the places to hide them :laughing:

keel area is popular for illegals due to the reason that once it dawns on them that their truck is heading north of birmingham,then either the car following them or when they check the gps on their smartphones ( essential equipment for poor refugee asylum seekers fleeing in fear of their lifes from persecution ) they ■■■■ themself as they want to blend in with the rest of the great unwashed in the midlands on the black economy and phone plod to rescue them from their self imposed predicament by closing the m6 for 8 hours and getting the helicopter,30 cars,ambulances and such to take them out of harms way for 3 hots and a cot until on the 1 in a milion chance they dont get their giros and are being shipped back out,they can then just walk out the gate and start their shift in the takeaway shop.

It might help if they could plan parking in between services like ( aires ) where only commercial transport were allowed to park, cars would be barred along with vans unless there for a good reason…failing that, anyone carrying illegals, could bypass the services and unload them in the middle of the town centre preferably outside the town hall. :smiley:

has any one seen the planning application for the 100 new parking spaces?

do they include more /better facilities
ie a new shower /toilet block to save us walking miles to the far corner of the main building?

as theres only a couple of showers in there. plus a cafe would be good instead of the ususal kfc/mcdonalds

or is it a case of them just tarmacing the land over paint 100 spaces that will be £20 thank you very much .

edd1974:

ie a new shower /toilet block to save us walking miles to the far corner of the main building?

as theres only a couple of showers in there. plus a cafe would be good instead of the ususal kfc/mcdonalds

or is it a case of them just tarmacing the land over paint 100 spaces that will be £20 thank you very much .

^^^^^^ THIS !!!

pierrot 14:

edd1974:

^^^^^^ THIS !!!

SSShhhhh !
Don`t tell them about the EU… :smiley:

In 2010 there was a plan to improve HGV parking. Many countries have been quietly following the directive ITS 2010/40/EU and regulation 885/2013…
Of course we just ignore such stuff here. The French and others are improving and expanding parking, but our Gov knows best. Putting sensors under parking slots so that we know how much space there is in the next 3 areas? Nah, not in the UK. (Pointless if theres never any!) Providing fenced areas with CCTV? Nah, not in the UK. Is there enough parking in other countries? No, but at least they are alive to the problem, and are doing more than here. How many are happy were getting out before we get taken the Euro Court of Justice, for not providing adequate parking?

Msa have just started to realize what a cash cow hgv parking is, the facilities that we require, eg showers etc, have the added problem of being used by everyone, not just drivers and when they get broken/vandalized, it takes a minimum of 6-8weeks to get repairs approved by head office, then another 2-4weeks to appoint contractors to carry out repairs, now if a hole appears in the carpark takes 48hrs to get fixed, due to the possibility of injury to a poor pensioner, who will sue them. Also ameinity repairs come out of the site’s budgets/profit figures, car park repairs don’t … It’s all about profit and loss to the site manager, to much loss he gets a telling off, more profit more bonus…

I have a relative who is a manger, and we have had some fun exchanges, it’s all about profit for them,and shareholders…

It’s alright saying it’s an eu directive, but who is going to pay for it, where is the money coming from ?

Odd days:
It’s alright saying it’s an eu directive, but who is going to pay for it, where is the money coming from ?

No one says it must be provided free. Parking costs money, we all know that.
But arent many of us (or our employers) prepared to pay for secure parking? But because of nimbys and short sighted planning we dont have such a choice. Get proper parks out there, and theyll be used. And isnt it our Governments responsibility to provide the road infrastructure to move our goods? I think it is. Leaving it to the famous "market forces" doesnt seem to be doing much good does it?

I just don’t see people being happy to pay tax to be spent on truck parking, when hospitals are having wards shut, schools facing cut backs, bus routes being cut. I might be totally wrong and everyone will be happy to pay tax to provide truck parking instead of the other items.

Odd days:
I just don’t see people being happy to pay tax to be spent on truck parking, when hospitals are having wards shut, schools facing cut backs, bus routes being cut. I might be totally wrong and everyone will be happy to pay tax to provide truck parking instead of the other items.

As I said, it doesnt have to be free. The EU directive doesnt specify that the parking areas have to be Gov run and funded. Some in France are run by the Autoroute companies, for profit. If it ends up costing a few quid, then isn`t that better than trucks parked on m-way edges?

(And anyone who doesn`t like cutbacks because of tax cuts, has the option to make their feelings felt at the ballot box…in theory anyway, but that is a different debate)

You just got to convince someone that they can make money out of providing truck parking then.