Can everyone of you please stop people smuggling

Odd days:
You just got to convince someone that they can make money out of providing truck parking then.

I’m no biiness man, but at £20 a pop 200 trucks that be £4k a night, now all these poor farmers with acres of unprofitable land, might be able to help,

Couple of shower/toilet blocks and a small cafe, might make more money than a few acres of wheat or milking cows.

I bet we would all be surprised exactly how much it would cost to build a truck park. Planning, insurance, I bet it would have to have special drainage for run offas trucks are bound to be classed as toxic. I have no idea on costs but I bet it ain’t cheap.

The West Country has a distinct lack of secure truck parking. The M5 is blessed with MSAs but none of which supplying anything close to value for money - broken showers, rubbish road surface/markings, MSA food. SNAP account areas south of Bristol are all but limited to zero.
Does anyone here come south of the Black Country often and have to carefully plan where they stop?
Asking for a friend who might be considering opening a truck stop… :smiley:

Squirrel1207:
The West Country has a distinct lack of secure truck parking. The M5 is blessed with MSAs but none of which supplying anything close to value for money - broken showers, rubbish road surface/markings, MSA food. SNAP account areas south of Bristol are all but limited to zero.
Does anyone here come south of the Black Country often and have to carefully plan where they stop?
Asking for a friend who might be considering opening a truck stop… :smiley:

Never struggled my self ,places like Worcester,Upton,avonlodge,Bridgwater,the 2 boozers at clyst honiton all suit me fine .

biggriffin:

Odd days:
You just got to convince someone that they can make money out of providing truck parking then.

I’m no biiness man, but at £20 a pop 200 trucks that be £4k a night, now all these poor farmers with acres of unprofitable land, might be able to help,

Couple of shower/toilet blocks and a small cafe, might make more money than a few acres of wheat or milking cows.

I think you’ll find quite a lot of planning regulations go into where you can even consider putting a truck park and that’s before the NIMBY’s wade into the debate.

And planning is where we could change it without costing tax payers money, we need to change the planning consent so when these developers want to build a large distribution park, you know the type of thing built near a motorway, so it can be easily accessed by trucks, they have to include a truck parking area.

Franglais:
In 2010 there was a plan to improve HGV parking. Many countries have been quietly following the directive ITS 2010/40/EU and regulation 885/2013…
Of course we just ignore such stuff here. The French and others are improving and expanding parking, but our Gov knows best. Putting sensors under parking slots so that we know how much space there is in the next 3 areas? Nah, not in the UK. (Pointless if theres never any!) Providing fenced areas with CCTV? Nah, not in the UK. Is there enough parking in other countries? No, but at least they are alive to the problem, and are doing more than here. How many are happy were getting out before we get taken the Euro Court of Justice, for not providing adequate parking?

Do you think those countries have been doing it because it’s an EU directive or because they already have a better attitude to truck parking?

And will the court case be before or after the one on the UK HGV levy being unfair on foreign hauliers, something I believe came out of the EU while we were debating whether to leave or stay?

in europe as a whole,then truckies are mostly classed as normal working dudes who are expected to be treated like human beings doing a days work for a days pay the same as everyone else.
in the uk they are mostly classed as an inconvenient bottom feeding pondlife that nobody wants to have anything to do with and wants you out of their world asap.

"dieseldog999"in europe as a whole,then truckies are mostly classed as normal working dudes who are expected to be treated like human beings doing a days work for a days pay the same as everyone else.
in the uk they are mostly classed as an inconvenient bottom feeding pondlife that nobody wants to have anything to do with and wants you out of their world asap.

Exactly - You win a coffee in a routier -

Drempels:
Wow, that is seriously poor. When I see the I-word being abused, or hear somebody on tbe radio start a reply to a question with “So” it instantly makes me suspect that they’re full of crap. Throw in a “basically” or a “moving forward” and it confirms my suspicions.

Obviously! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the advantages places like France have over us is space, it’s less densely populated. You can put a truck stop in practically anywhere and nobody would notice as it would not be in the way or on top of anybody else. We need them it’s just a matter of who is going to pay for them.

dieseldog999:
in europe as a whole,then truckies are mostly classed as normal working dudes who are expected to be treated like human beings doing a days work for a days pay the same as everyone else.

That’s it in a nutshell, the public look upon us when it comes go wanting to park in their area in the same way they look at our caravan and Transit pick up crew wanting to do the same thing.
In fact those lot have to be catered for in a quota of designated parks near to towns…by law. (afaik)
So how come that does not apply to overnight truck parks, especially with the time restrictions put on us.

To the guy who said it’ll never happen because ‘‘Nobody would want to pay taxes for truck parking’’ when did that ever apply as a reason not to pay tax exactly?

Politicians and councillors are elected and this relys on them being able to sell their lies to the public. How many people do you honestly think would vote for someone who says we are going to charge you more tax , cut your services but build nice truck stops. I hardly think it’s a vote winner. I am just being realistic.

Odd days:
Politicians and councillors are elected and this relys on them being able to sell their lies to the public. How many people do you honestly think would vote for someone who says we are going to charge you more tax , cut your services but build nice truck stops. I hardly think it’s a vote winner. I am just being realistic.

I know what you are saying mate, and I aint as naive to think that MPs, councillors and the like actually give a ■■■■ about the people they are voted in to reoresent…including truck drivers btw.
But it aint an either/or situation, or a realistic option just to ignore the fact that adequate parking sites are NEEDED, not just wanted or requested…NEEDED.
So the chronic shortage of suitable places needs to be adressed, instead of a lot of you being expected just to park in lay bys.
Lay by parking should be ■■■■ banned, not encouraged imo. :bulb:

H&S?..Point out to me where exactly litter strewn, ■■■■ stinking, ■■■■ covered lay bys are healthy, and how the idiots who park in the shallow ones with their mirrors pulled in :unamused: are safe?

H&S to us only applies when it is a downright false agenda entity to cover some co.'s arses, or when it ■■■■ us up from doing our job properly, it is very rarely for a genuine reason of ‘‘health and safety’’ in it’s true definition… as this reason actually is I point out, instead it is just conveniently ignored, and everybody’s happy…except us trampers trying to earn a living and expect genuine facilities.