Owner driving actros

monarch of the highway:
spose going german is a step up from french still u mite mak that final big step one day and go dutch ,hope it all works out for u ,u driving the merc or renualt when you come back?

AYUP TEL,I’LL BE DRIVING THE MERC MATE…TELL YOU WHAT MATE,THAT BLOODY ROLLER CRANE GOING TO TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I BEEN USED TO CENTRE-MOUNT-FIXED FOR LAST 5 YEARS WITH 2 LEVERS/2PEDALS…NOW THIS IS A 7 LEVER JOBBY :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: FEEL LIKE A NEWBIE :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

fozzie:
this post is useless without pics :laughing: :laughing:

AYUP MR FOZ,SORRY FOR LACK OF PIC’S,BUT I CAN’T DO THAT TECH STUFF,IF YOU LOOK ON “PHOTO FORUM” UNDER “ANDREW BILTON TRANSPORT” YOU’LL SEE MY MAGNUM OUTFIT,I HAD TO E-MAIL PICS TO “HUTCHIE” SO HE COULD POST THEM ON FOR ME,BUT I WILL WILL BE TAKING PIC’S WHEN THE MERC’S BEEN CLEANED UP TO MY STANDARDS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andy, can you knock your CAPITALS off? Its seen as SHOUTING on the internet.

Button at left end of key board, says “Caps lock”.

Hi Andy,

I have run a 2000 Merc Actros for the past 5 years, what a great truck!!!

My mate has a MP2 1850 but has had more problems than I have, but still a great Marque!!!

John.

Jeez Any you must be impressed with the merc,i see you’ve rebranded your user name in honour of it.

ellies dad:
Jeez Any you must be impressed with the merc,i see you’ve rebranded your user name in honour of it.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I’m going to get confused if everyone starts changing their usernames :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

drove a old style actros 2543ld cab for marshalls of evesham excellent motor
mate as2554 v8 mp2 megaspace ona53 plate nothing but trouble
just landed a job at mudie bond mercedes truck dealers for gloucestershire on the evening shift

well after a couple of days out in the actros,i’m RAPIDLY becoming a fan of it :exclamation: just one issue if anyone can help,keep getting the following up on the dash/display;DRIVING AND BRAKING CHARACTERISTICS HAVE CHANGED,PLEASE VISIT DEALER SOON,or something like that :question: :question: :question: really can’t belive how much MORE USABLE storage space in this thing as apposed to me magnum,i actually got lockers empty :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: SORRY to denis for changing me user name… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just one other thing,there don’t appear to be the power of a 500 v8,drops about 4-6mph on hills when empy,and the usual hills the magnum goes up (loaded) in top,the merc wants to drop a cog or two :open_mouth: :open_mouth: maybe valve clearances need checking/adjusting??but all in all much fun so far :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well after a couple of days out in the actros,i’m RAPIDLY becoming a fan of it :exclamation: just one issue if anyone can help,keep getting the following up on the dash/display;DRIVING AND BRAKING CHARACTERISTICS HAVE CHANGED,PLEASE VISIT DEALER SOON,or something like that :question: :question: :question: really can’t belive how much MORE USABLE storage space in this thing as apposed to me magnum,i actually got lockers empty :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: SORRY to denis for changing me user name… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: just one other thing,there don’t appear to be the power of a 500 v8,drops about 4-6mph on hills when empy,and the usual hills the magnum goes up (loaded) in top,the merc wants to drop a cog or two :open_mouth: :open_mouth: maybe valve clearances need checking/adjusting??but all in all much fun so far :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve seen that “braking characteristics may have changed” warning but i’ve no info it.

They do like be revving to pull up hills, at least at the very top of the green band, or well into the yellow if its steep. Drop it BEFORE you start to climb.

Unplug the ISO lead from the trailer-that braking characteristic’s message will dissapear. Get a brochure from a merc dealer’s and examine the power band chart for your engine at the back,it will give you an understanding of how the engine perform’s.

thanks ed,sorry for late reply,been busy getting up and running this week,plus trying to navigate me way round this new (sparkling) site :exclamation: i’ve dropped me trailer last night,so hopefully when i couple back up tomorrow all should be well,will let u know…

how much much did you give for the actros had a look a couple last year they where 430 03 plate megaspace asking 30k tidy ex culina they are a solid enough motor but the gearbox puts me off them reguards putting it right when it goes wrong

ellies dad:
The hill hold lasts closer to 3 seconds not 30. If your stopped in traffic(could happen) hit neutral then instead of pulling the handbrake keep tapping the accelarator,the hill hold will stay engaged.

quote]

Don’t know about the earlier autos, but this is true of the newer ones. On the manual it will hold you as long as you want.

Once you get used to the Actros it is an awesome truck.

Driveroneuk:
I’ve seen that “braking characteristics may have changed” warning but i’ve no info it.

They do like be revving to pull up hills, at least at the very top of the green band, or well into the yellow if its steep. Drop it BEFORE you start to climb.

Spot on - keep it in the yellow for ultimate power :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the auto box can’t see the road ahead :frowning:

cheer’s guy’s…i switch over to manual just to keep the rpm down a bit…

Another tip for approaching hills is to floor the accelerator, and give it an extra press when it reaches the stop then relax, but hold it against the stop. It makes it more sensative and willing to change down, as well as speeding up the gearchange, otherwise as said before, keep the revs up and enjoy the noise :smiling_imp:

More advise Andy,spray some wd40 into hte head’s of the electrical suzie’s. Make’s the circuit work better.
What mpg are you gettin compared to the Magnum?