Anyone running a 2551 actros?

just been offered one 12 plate 56,000km :grimacing: at not to bad a price, never driven the new merc yet, any info would be good please :grimacing:

thx
si

Oh you Joucy bleeder… Jealous.

trying to work them down on price, what would you say is a good price for something like that top spec full factory silver paint job, factory durabrights some other shiney bits :wink: :unamused: and in mint condition

Can’t tell you owt about driving one, but do you need a driver for it,lol :smiley:

Mine is a 1845 Gigaspace, but have been very impressed. Nice to drive, reliable, well built, comfortable and very good on fuel.

very good on fuel

ive been told they are ■■■■ good on fuel

maggie is only doing 8mpg ish and we dont run heavy either :cry:

still a little shakey that even thinking about pay so much for a lump of metal with a diesel engine :open_mouth:

Wouldie:
Can’t tell you owt about driving one, but do you need a driver for it,lol :smiley:

it will be mine sorry lol :laughing: but the other driver gets my scanny :smiling_imp:

burnley-si:

Wouldie:

it will be mine sorry lol :laughing: but the other driver gets my scanny :smiling_imp:

Why? What did he do wrong?

Mate of mine got 2x 2551 same cab as in your photo, he says doesnt matter how you drive them, minimum return 9.3, thats doing fridges from Holland on dock work.

Left hand down!:

burnley-si:

Wouldie:

Why? What did he do wrong?

knowt wrong with my scanny ■■■■ good motor :grimacing:

Brian yeardley has switched from volvo to merc because of the fuel returns from the new ones ,just got 13 ,and he was a volvo fleet from day one :neutral_face:

Mine is averaging 12mpg, although it never pulls much weight.

burnley-si:

Down in Kent dealer :question: :question:
Looks the dogs balls :exclamation: :exclamation:

Always have my cars in that Tungsten grey type colour :exclamation: :exclamation:

Have driven McCullas 2545s and great machines all round,
VERY good fuel returns “if” you keep them on Eco mode 52mph on speedo.
Great bunk/gearbox/cab etc.

Only niggles is takes wild long time to build air to lift suspension when hooking under trailers etc and 450hp bit lagging on the hills.
2551 should be the bus :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mate runs Scanny R620/580/450 and is seriously looking at a MP4 2551 due to fuel returns. :wink:

To be fair these look sweet in any colour with no shiny bits but if your scanny even half as sweet a machine I’ll give you till Xmas to run me ragged. Been let down again by a well known local firm close to you :-/

Big Truck:

burnley-si:

Down in Kent dealer :question: :question:
Looks the dogs balls :exclamation: :exclamation:

Always have my cars in that Tungsten grey type colour :exclamation: :exclamation:

Have driven McCullas 2545s and great machines all round,
VERY good fuel returns “if” you keep them on Eco mode 52mph on speedo.
Great bunk/gearbox/cab etc.

Only niggles is takes wild long time to build air to lift suspension when hooking under trailers etc and 450hp bit lagging on the hills.
2551 should be the bus :exclamation: :exclamation:

Mate runs Scanny R620/580/450 and is seriously looking at a MP4 2551 due to fuel returns. :wink:

Yea the 450s dont like hills ive been told by a few drivers .

52mph on speedo

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: not a chance :laughing: :laughing: unless im on a steady run home

I drive the new actros gigaspsce 2551 have done now for the past 3 months pulling a 15-1 walking floor with nets on top and the lowest it has ran at is 8.7 mpg and that is sitting at 58 mph. When I pull the 14" walking floor it will average 10.2 and it’s only 3 months old it’s not even run in yet so think the boss is on to a winner with this unit. I tramp 4 or 5 nights a week in it and the drive is great bunk is more comfortable than any crappy scania so if I was you a I would buy it just for the right price :wink:

The reason they’re great on fuel which many people seem to overlook is that they couldn’t pull your ■■■■■■■■ back going up hill. I think the other new motors from all marques are like this as they try & 1 up each other for the press.

We’ll be getting out & pushing soon.

I think you run light anyway though Si so not a prob for you.

That truck looks bloody mint, can’t help on the price, someone on here should know what you should be giving for it though.

Do all these new Merc’s run on 70 series tyres ? Can you have 80 series as a option