Overnight Parking in Southern Ireland

Ok so i am going to Dublin this coming Monday afternoon. So can anyone say what overnight parking is like. Lay byes motorway MSA do all the same rules apply as here. Going in a seven and a half ton not my usual class 2 if the smaller vehicle makes a difference. Any help would be great thanks.

Very different to here, you won’t find a MSA for instance as there isn’t much in the way of motorway. There are no truckstops either but there are cafes with parking as well as pubs. Depends if you are just going to Dublin or are heading out of the city. A little out of Dublin on the road to Sligo and Galway (N4) is Mother Hubbards which has parking and good food for instance.

A bit further along the same road is another cafe, on the right heading from Dublin, The Bluebell I think it is called and it has parking in front and a pub next door. I aklso remember a couple of places on the Limerick road as well. In Dublin itself I just used to park in the port and then walk to a pub for food etc.

I never had problems parking in Ireland and finding somewhere is not usually too hard.

Thanks for the reply. This trip was sprung on me last Thursday. Have just found out i will be going to the port of Rosslare. So any help with overnight parking on the Rosslare to Dublin road would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I’ve only driven the Rosslare to Dublin road during the day so I wasn’t looking for parking, sorry I can’t recall anywhere along that road.

Rosslare to Dublin best bet go via Carlow a lot more places to stop rather than straight up the N11.