Overnight in Ireland

Evening. Just about to catch a ferry across to Dublin. Will be heading north on the m1. Time will be against me and this is not a route I usually do.

Does anybody have any parking suggestions around or off the m1?

Thanks in advance

cojack:
Evening. Just about to catch a ferry across to Dublin. Will be heading north on the m1. Time will be against me and this is not a route I usually do.

Thanks in advance

5 mins past the turning for Dublin airport is a big mega services…no parking problems,theres a dude in a car around all night watching out for the macodougalls…youl be fine there…just come out of the docks,through the tunnel,and follow your nose up the m1…sorted.

Think that’s Lusk services if that helps

Splendid thanks.

Depends where your sailing from. There’s a topaz truck stop at the port.

topaz is where you wont get a minutes kip…terrible mobbed and always noisy…■■■■ will be as quiet as a graveyard,and open before you wakeup for brekkies.itl take you 10 mins o get onto the m1 and another 10 to hit lusk services…mabey 15 but that’s it.youl be longer in the queue coming off the stena that driving up to lusk.

I’ll give the service on the m1 a go. I don’t fancy parking anywhere near the port. Like you say will be noisy all night can’t be doing with that.

Best bit is all motorway services truck parking both North and South (Apart from Topaz Dublin port) are Free!!!

Big Truck:
Best bit is all motorway services truck parking both North and South (Apart from Topaz Dublin port) are Free!!!

Really? Or are you one of these that puts something on the number plate to stop the cameras picking you up.

Big Truck:

Good luck with that, all motorway services, you wont find more than three or four in the whole country.

How much is it@ Castlebellingham North/ South or Lusk North/South or Elmfield or Moneygall ( Barack Ombama) or Templepatrick in North!!!

BTW,
they don’t all stink of ■■■■ either BUT give it time!!!

cojack:

Big Truck:

Really? Or are you one of these that puts something on the number plate to stop the cameras picking you up.

Yes you heard correct :exclamation: there’s no charge for parking whatsoever :arrow_right: it’s the same for most msa’s in Europe :open_mouth: it’s only the uk that charges extortionate amounts of money for drivers to park for the night :imp:

I always parked at Howth.
out of Ferry Terminal and right till Road ends at Harbour. Well,the Road ends not really,but you will not go the Hill up.
As you see the Station on left and Harbour on Front and Hotel on right you turn left and park just on the Side.
Dont drive forward the Kay as at Night the Fisher comming back and they need the Kay. Is often 1 or 2 Artics there. Is a Pizzeria,Cafe,Fish&Chips, and some more i havent been.

Thanks for the advice spot on. Services were very fresh smelling and also free of charge :smiley:

Missed the last boat by 20mins last night due to waiting nearly 10 hours to get tipped. We’re on the boat now. Just a good job my iPhone told me the clocks had gone back, cos I would be still in bed.

Thanks again! :sunglasses:

You get a bloody good pint of Guiness in Ashbourne if you are on a weekender. :smiley:

dieseldog999:

cojack:

Thanks in advance

5 mins past the turning for Dublin airport is a big mega services…no parking problems,theres a dude in a car around all night watching out for the macodougalls…youl be fine there…just come out of the docks,through the tunnel,and follow your nose up the m1…sorted.

What are macdougalls? ■■■■■?

macodougall…in here your not allowed to call them what they get called in normal conversation.a cop told me a while ago that they have to call them…members of the travelling community …or diddycoys.