Ireland

Just a few questions! I’m going to Ireland on Tuesday on the 8.20 stena from Holyhead I have 2 drops in Dublin and one in Kildare just wondering where I could park overnight! And will I get a cabin to myself or will I have to share? And are there many low bridges for me to worry about over there?

The only low low bridge is the port tunnel which is 15ft 3 and you can park a truck anywhere in Ireland , and yes you will share a cabin, unfortunatly thats the norm … enjoy your trip

Theres a large free truckstop off the Nass south exit on M7 near Kildare,follow sign for red house toughers,at top of sliproad go left to roundabout and take 3rd exit for newbridge,follow dual carriage way for a mile or so and you cannot miss it on left, or you will get away with parking in any industrail estate or lidl or tesco carpark around there, bear in mind,city centre in no HGVs over 5 axle without permit,use tunnel and follow M50 south and theres a barrier free toll on that,then take juncion 9 for Limerick/Cork onto M7 and your only about 30 mins from KIldare.

If you want to park in the port you can park at the Topaz services - Its not free though like the truckstop at Naas and it can be quite noisy

if you have time, go for a walk along the liffey river near the docks.
don’t worry about a thing, Ireland has 90% helpful people while the UK has 90% unhelpful people.

If u want to park up after you’re last deliver in Kildare go back out on to the M7 and head south, signed limerick, to junction 14. It’s only 5 minutes from Kildare, free parking and is much better then toughers in my opinion. Safe journey. :slight_smile:

No1 you wont be on the 8:20 as it now sails at 08:55
No2 topaz in the port is free at the minute as the barrier has been broken this last month

rb scooby:
No1 you wont be on the 8:20 as it now sails at 08:55
No2 topaz in the port is free at the minute as the barrier has been broken this last month

Bloody wild busy though,
always seems to be packed in the wee small hours when I’m in getting fuelled up for McCulla trying to be as quiet as I can :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

remember and post your pics of your “walk along the liffey” it might not be any competition for la jonquera,but it certainly beats molesting your old sock… :smiley:

roboshea085:
If u want to park up after you’re last deliver in Kildare go back out on to the M7 and head south, signed limerick, to junction 14. It’s only 5 minutes from Kildare, free parking and is much better then toughers in my opinion. Safe journey. :slight_smile:

Def worth the run on to jcn 14 Mayfield,rather than toghers if more suitable,far cleaner toilets,better food and quieter.

■■■■ it might be a bit late now telling u this but make sure u have a good map of ireland,sat nav’s are ■■■■ over in ireland…if ya get the time pal call into the aul local bar for a pint of the black stuff and a wee jamie or powers

youtube.com/watch?v=yoNNi6NuKbU

get yourself the irish sat nav joe joe

milkchurns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoNNi6NuKbU

get yourself the irish sat nav joe joe

ha ha ha very good :laughing:

I know it’s random but the er, industrial language on this made me laugh in this from NI.

Don’t think anyone was hurt.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=05_ahAulMSE

:blush: :open_mouth: :laughing: