Ordered a Scania

Hi everyone

I have just ordered a Scania P124 380, 8wheeler tipper from Kel-berg
for a contract through Hanson. But I could have had a Daf CF 85 410,

I have thought long and hard about my choice and decided on the Scania but just wondering what other people think about the 2 trucks?

Cheers
Matt

Nice choice. The scania will be better on fuel and no ad-blue to worry about. It will probably have a lower tare weight than the daf aswell. And none of the never ending air leaks on a daf!! you’ve made the right choice. I hope it does you well.

Whats the deal from Kel-Berg, is it a lease job at approx £1500/month for 5 years then hand it back :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth: :blush:
If so you could get a new one for the same payments and if you look after it the wagon should be still worth around 20 grand at the end of the five years.

No not lease
Its HP finance (my truck at end of payments)

Id never go for a lease as i think its pointless (in my opinion)

A daf was a slightly cheaper alternative.

anyone else got any views of the 2 trucks?

is there any scania p124 drivers here?
or daf Cf drivers?

Like i said i have drove both trucks and looked into them as much as possible but no one has ever really given me their opinions about the trucks.
so would be nice to find out what other people think.

I don’t know about the latest P-cabs, but the 4-series P-cab was terrible, a right torture chamber. IMHO the CF is a great comfy, driver freindly cab - sorry.

And none of the never ending air leaks on a daf!!

Air leaks ? :open_mouth: :confused:

I sometimes drive a DAF CF 6x2 Midlift and I think it’s rubbish.

The turning circle is gigantic although it’s probably a tiny bit longer wheelbase than an 8 wheeler, I’m not sure.

I think the cab visability is bad for site work (this is a crane lorry) and getting in and out of tight places too. It is fairly nice when you’re sitting on an A road though.

They seem pretty reliable though…just badly designed I think.

after driving r- series for a fair few weeks i can honestly say all the snipping on here is just pure jealousy , yove made a exellent choice enjoy it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks

Lovely :sunglasses:

Nice choice, but i would say that!!!

Is it brand new?

It wont be a P124 380 if it is it will be a P380, if it is new just becareful with Kel bergs,

I believe the vehicles they sell are not UK trucks they are imports, and only come with 12 months warranty, where as a UK supplied truck would come with some sort of deal like 2 years servicing, and warranty,

I would speak to your local dealer and ask a few questions about how you stand with warranty work, also get yourself an ■■■■■■■ with a dealer for breakdowns so the truck is on the system, if it is supplied new from kelbergs there will be no record of your truck on the scania computer system, in effect it does not exist, it just speeds up a response to a breakdown rather than having to explain were the truck came etc etc.

On the whole a good choice though, happy motoring :laughing:

Got 2 years service and warrenty

Discopete:
Nice choice, but i would say that!!!

Cheers

Discopete:
Is it brand new?

Yep brand new

Discopete:
It wont be a P124 380 if it is it will be a P380, if it is new just becareful with Kel bergs,

Yep thats it,

Discopete:
On the whole a good choice though, happy motoring :laughing:

Thanks