Daf ssc-scania topline

Emptied ssc Xmas eve and put my gear in top line my new truck from Mon 5th,
Not had a scania for over 12 yrs, last one being a 4 series top line,dint think much of that and putting gear in this r series wasn’t too impressed with it one 1st inspection,once I get every thing where I want it might think different,
But as far as I’m concerned I’m gutted to be leaving the ssc imho much more space,much bigger bed and more space to move about due to scania dash coming half way into cab,
Ideas and tip to make the most of it will be welcomed

Has it got the extending bed? With the silver handle? Push the seats forward, sit on bed lift leaver and slide bed out and hey presto, a DAF sized bed. Personally I’d take the Scania over a DAF any day!

I don’t think so it’s a 57 plate,it’s nice and tidy but was only in it for a couple of hrs transferring gear from daf to scan,so not got cab as I want it yet,had daf for last 5 yrs and like living space in them,I dint like the 4 series I had all them years ago,when I get it how I want it may think different
Thanks anyway luke
any more ideas

Ah ok I’d assumed it was brand new. I’d be a bit ■■■■■■ off at giving up a DAF bed for that crappy DIY Scania monstrosity!

it will have bed extensions behind both seats, i never use them i just recline the passenger seat forward so it makes a table for my clock, and thats does me fineplenty wide enough in the middle above the fridge/freezer

if the bed is to hard go to a foam factory and they will cut you some foam to the shape of the bed, ive never been one for a soft bed as i can tget out of them in a morning :wink: :laughing:

Think I still got my daf tinted specs on lol,its in very good condition fridge freezer,got my own micro which gaffer paying scania too fit,ill see how I get on and a trip to the foam factory might be on the cards,not bad for the best truck in the world!!! bit over old foam lol

I’ve always found a DAF more driver friendly, and you can’t fault them for room, you sit back and feel like you are driving a big truck.
I liked the old style Scania with the overhead bunk, best sleep ever in a truck. Never liked the fold bunk in the newer Scania.
However I do think the Scania is better in build quality than the DAF and if I was buying it would be the Scania.
I have a Big space Actors but would swap it for a new DAF tomorrow given the choice, but after saying that, I’m at the stage now I ain’t that bothered as long as I’m on half decent money.

nedbro:
Think I still got my daf tinted specs on lol,its in very good condition fridge freezer,got my own micro which gaffer paying scania too fit,ill see how I get on and a trip to the foam factory might be on the cards,not bad for the best truck in the world!!! bit over old foam lol

i like the scanny bed its just about right, top bunk is a little softer :wink:

Cheers for reply luke,rob and si,I’m sure I’ll manage

nedbro:

Just realized who you are mate, how did the fridge go for you?..or should I be avoiding you :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

nedbro:

Just realized who you are mate, how did the fridge go for you?..or should I be avoiding you :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Hiya rob the fridge was spot on mate,fitted it and never turned it off,left abbey 6 weeks ago for this new job,sold that fridge to the driver who got my truck when I left and he’s happy with it

nedbro:

robroy:

nedbro:

Hiya rob the fridge was spot on mate,fitted it and never turned it off,left abbey 6 weeks ago for this new job,sold that fridge to the driver who got my truck when I left and he’s happy with it

OK, pleased (relieved :laughing: ) about that. Good luck with new job bud anyway.

Cheers mate

nedbro:
Emptied ssc Xmas eve and put my gear in top line my new truck from Mon 5th,
Not had a scania for over 12 yrs, last one being a 4 series top line,dint think much of that and putting gear in this r series wasn’t too impressed with it one 1st inspection,once I get every thing where I want it might think different,
But as far as I’m concerned I’m gutted to be leaving the ssc imho much more space,much bigger bed and more space to move about due to scania dash coming half way into cab,
Ideas and tip to make the most of it will be welcomed

Stop being such a Tart. I’m tramping in an AXOR.

burnley-si:
it will have bed extensions behind both seats, i never use them i just recline the passenger seat forward so it makes a table for my clock, and thats does me fineplenty wide enough in the middle above the fridge/freezer

Ditto, I’d extend the passenger seat bit of bed out, always have the passenger seat folded down as a bedside table for my accoutrements & leave the drivers seat all the way back as your feet don’t need the wider bed. I also liked to recline the driver’s seat & have it a fair bit back.

Silver_Surfer:

burnley-si:

Ditto, I’d extend the passenger seat bit of bed out, always have the passenger seat folded down as a bedside table for my accoutrements & leave the drivers seat all the way back as your feet don’t need the wider bed. I also liked to recline the driver’s seat & have it a fair bit back.

I was thinking of doing that cheers mate (sorry about the axor, shouldn’t grumble should i)

robroy:
I’ve always found a DAF more driver friendly, and you can’t fault them for room, you sit back and feel like you are driving a big truck.
I liked the old style Scania with the overhead bunk, best sleep ever in a truck. Never liked the fold bunk in the newer Scania.
However I do think the Scania is better in build quality than the DAF and if I was buying it would be the Scania.
I have a Big space Actors but would swap it for a new DAF tomorrow given the choice, but after saying that, I’m at the stage now I ain’t that bothered as long as I’m on half decent money.

John Candy was a big spaced Actor!!! :wink: :wink:

tango boy:

robroy:

John Candy was a big spaced Actor!!! :wink: :wink:

Nice to see you are still hanging on my every word TB :wink: :smiley:

burnley-si:
so it makes a table for my clock

i really did just LOL at that, then realised you said clock :laughing: