Optimistic Ebay adverts slump to new lows!

I was having a browse around Fleabay earlier, and spotted this …

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mercedes-benz-/220753942148?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item3365f5d684

Now I know the export markets will usually take a Merc in pretty much any state of repair, but I think this is pushing the boundaries a little! :laughing:

someone is having a larf :laughing: :laughing:

Why on earth isn’t that a crush only write off? Surely the only salvageable part is the 5th wheel and maybe the rear axle?

A bit of T-Cut and it’ll come up lovely!

I’ve taxed worse.

WTF :unamused: :laughing:

4k starting bid :laughing:

ideal export ,yes once a good one has been stolen and made into a ringer maybe :wink:

I’ve driven worse than that!!!

Ken.

Just give it to the agency driver! :unamused:

d4c24a:
ideal export ,yes once a good one has been stolen and made into a ringer maybe :wink:

^^ This.

Harry Monk:

d4c24a:

^^ This.

This ^^^ again, the advert says the V5 is present!

Wheel Nut:
This ^^^ again, the advert says the V5 is present!

£100 for the metal, £3900 for the piece of paper. :wink:

Thats in better nick than half the trucks in Bulgaria, dunno what your complaining about Lol

Davey Driver:
Thats in better nick than half the trucks in Bulgaria, dunno what your complaining about Lol

Yes, I imagine this tractor unit will be pulling unaccompanied trailers out of Ramsgate in three months time, miraculously restored and running on Bulgarian number plates, with a driver earning £700 a month.

I just tried the link, bidding has ended, if you’ve got a similar Merc I’d make sure it’s safe and sound for the next few weeks :wink:

■■■■ I missed the bidding.

As has been said, its not being sold for the truck, more the V5!

Someone in Liverpool bought one of our W reg Foden 6wheelers recently for £3000. It appeared on fleabay for £5500 the day after it left our yard. The description didn’t reveal the dodgy clutch brake and leaking rocker box-unless potential buyers view the Smith and Sons thread on Old Time forum :laughing: :laughing:
(It didn’t sell in the end)