ooooooooppppppppsssss

thursday doing a drop in keighley (place called abv)i had to jack knife the trailer around on this junction to get back out the road.

starts to lock it round and theres this almight bang. i thought some one had run into the side of the truck it was that loud.anyway pulled down the road had a look around the trailer and there was nothing, until i arrived at the unit where i noticed the fuel cap missing and the bit it screws into flattened and the catwalk held on by 1 screw. :open_mouth:

so i rung the office and they said as long as its not leaking deisel were alright.so off i went up the road to retrive the fuel cap which fitted back after a little crowbaring of the hole :sunglasses: .

anyway got it back to the yard and sent it down to volvo, next day and the trucks not back (typical volvo) :unamused: so we rung them up only to find out its going to be another hour because they have had to replace the fuel tank and the catwalk…

all because off the clips that hold the catwalk on. so what ever you do make sure its a flat surface when you jacknive it round!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

got this funnt feeling i ve got all the ■■■■ jobs this week for a change :unamused:

jon

jon

Next time raise the suspension on your rear axle. This is an old prob. Used to happen when lift axles came in about 30 years ago…No air Sus. in those days tho.

dont you just hate it when you get the unexpected bang :open_mouth: then find this was the cause.[/img]

done on the blind side on the way out,havent heard from company as to the cost of putting it back up.

I went to a place near Morley - Rixonway Kitchens, which was a poxy small place with a U shaped yard which you went round “the wrong way” so you drove in, turned left, turned left again, unloaded then drove out. The last left turn was so tight that if the office staff left the window open on the right side at the top end of the yard, the swingout of the trailer would rip it out of the frame.

Anyway, delivering one summer day and nobody told me this. I went round the corner and ripped the whole frame out of the wall. Company tried to claim for some damage done to some corrugated metal sheeting on the top half of the building - rear door hinge scrapes.

Anyways, my boss goes to look and told them we weren’t responsible for the damage to the sheeting. Manager at Rixonway gets really shirty. I’m told to bring the trailer all the way from Hull to there to prove it wasn’t us and guess what? The grooves on the sheets didn’t match up with the hinges on the trailer.

Upshot is that my boss then made loud noises about fraudulently claiming damage, which is illegal, and we never ended up paying for the window.