Erm, Boss... - On the last Friday before Xmas

Started new job yesterday, picked truck up from ‘The Fitters’.

Drove all day yesterday, did a few jobs etc, same again today, gets back to the depot, reversing into a spot and I hears a crunching / cracking sound, like plastic breaking.

I thought, I’ve not hit anyhing, but better see what the noise is.

Walks around the truck, passenger side 1st as you do, coming down drivers side I sees the rear wing on the unit UNDER the drive axle.
Flat ground, no bumps or speed humps or anything to catch it on.

Anyway, pulls truck forwards and pulls the wing out from under it (lights smashed of course) and there’s no rear stay bar, not on the wing and not on the truck.

Checks defect book, this was what it was defected for on the 17th December lol.

I assume they welded it and it’s fell off during the journey.

Last reverse I did was Warrington, after that I drove to Widnes then Trafford Park, so if you see a metal bar with a slight bend in it, please return it - unless it hit you, then that 1 isn’t mine :wink:

Had to phone the boss :open_mouth:

i still say it’s driver abuse :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

shuttlespanker:
i still say it’s driver abuse :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

And I stick to my previous point in regards to your gitti-ness :grimacing:

■■■■ happens. A decent boss knows this. First week in a new job, turned blind side 180 in a yard on the third day and drove over a piece of reinforcing bar and burst 3 super singles on the trailer.
Rang the boss expecting ww3 and all he said was what happened and I’ll get someone out to you straight away. I’ll be in this job for a long time me thinks, says a lot about a place for me

Sounds like operator error to me.

Someone takes the effort to pigeon ■■■■ weld your bracket back on and you tear ■■■ about the place like a hoonigan and wuin it.

Just wook at it, it’s wuined!!!

How very dare you!!!

Sacked

The above post was brought to you today by sarcasm and generally being a ■■■■