ooops!

Don’t you just hate it when this happens

And i know what you’re thinking, there really is no excuse for it as there’s plenty of straps available. It was actually a backdoor tip with a pallet truck but when the gaffer seen all the boxes fall out and me start to stack them he said “i ain’t taking or touching that pallet, we’ll have to take the rest off the sides as i aint got the time or inclination”. I can’t blame him realy if i paid good money for stuff i wouldn’t want it scooped up off a trailer floor. So load it off the sides we do. More fancy strap work!

I ring up my depot and tell them i got a shot pallet to bring back and they tell me to drop it in the yard. They ring me up a bit later to complain that [insert name of office bod] had a terrible time doing it as it was all over the trailer floor. Better than me having a terrible time doing it though, as you know i picked the trailer up fully sealed!!! Get the numpty who loaded and sealed it to do it!!

proberbly wouldnt have fell over if it didnt have that euro pallet on top as well. looks like its gone backwards :exclamation:

im glad you put on the thread that the trailer was sealed before you got hold of it.

just before all the perfect drivers saw it. :imp: :imp: :imp:

jessicas dad:
im glad you put on the thread that the trailer was sealed before you got hold of it.

just before all the perfect drivers saw it. :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: or blame it on bad driving

If it was me that was loading it in Basildon for onward delivery to Blackburn i’m pretty sure would of strapped it !! I did actually speak to the guy who loaded it and he said “sorry about that, Rowan loads don’t normally need strapping i didn’t even look at the pallets at the back” :confused:

it does bring a good question on sealed loads lets just say some twit pulls in front of you and the load fall,s out the curtains who is to blame driver i guess for not checking his load but how and what do you do to check it :question: :question: :question:

teddy_0781:
it does bring a good question on sealed loads lets just say some twit pulls in front of you and the load fall,s out the curtains who is to blame driver i guess for not checking his load but how and what do you do to check it :question: :question: :question:

As far as i’ve seen, talking supermarket here, the only one that expects you to check before departure that your load is restrained properly is Sainsburys. The load is then sealed at the gatehouse on departure if you’re happy with it. Tescos, Asda, Sommerfield all are pre sealed.

If it falls off its the unlucky guy that happens to be driving it at the time gets the blame… There was a lot of trouble about that on containers…But it still hasn`t changed. on Dutch fruit & veg coming unaccompanied in FX we used to open up the back & any probs would nip it round to Norfolk Line for re-stacking…

so eay to avoid by putting odd pallet in middle…thats warehouse staff for you

2 of us once spend several hours in the back re-stacking a full load of cheese/cream/yogurts. due to some sever harsh braking by my mate.

I`ve also spend ages restacking 4 pallets of trays of bacon the prats a morrisons stockton had trashed. turns out they where fine as I opened the doors and backed on at 13:45, but the morrisons day shift trashed it trying to get it off, and left it and went home, leaving me waiting and wondering what taking so long, so when the afternoon shift came on, they took 1 look at it and wanted to reject it, leaving me ranting something about the anchors on days doing the deed

I was once multi dropping in Covent Garden with a box. I had no pumper truck on board. Dropped 3 pallets of caps off at a place. My next drop( 1 pallet of caps ) was the last so I dragged it to the back by the doors . The next drop was about 300yards. Moved the truck & felt this awful bump!. Looked in the back and saw a heap of trays & loose caps all over the floor. Now here is the clever part. Cleared them up & re-stacked the lot on the same pallet…( And same place!!!) Closed the doors moved 2 yards & they all went over again…Doh !! Ended up stacking them right at the front on the same pallet. I got home late that morning… :blush: ( Caps are Red peppers that the Dutch pile up to the roof… )