Here we go again..

Just coupled up to my latest wreck of a tilt ready for the off early tomorrow morning. Always do it on a sunday but left it a bit late today…two broken offside hamburgers (not too much of an issue as i still have the other) but brakes working the indies and no tail lights on the nearside :frowning: Got another driver helping and have access to the workshop we have on site but no fitters here until morning. But… with what looks like burnt wiring behind the bulb socket its going to be another wasted evening. How it got here without a pull i dont know. Its either repair or tranship 30 bulk bags of agg on a working trailer.
Dont usually admit defeat but this bodge and repair everytime is starting to take its toll…this thing has to be seen to be believed…mint immac unit and trailer looking like its come from Alleppo! :unamused:
Rant over…it’ll get done… :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the " No speaka da English " method work over there mate?

Or what about the scratchy head bemused " It was ok earlier on Chief " technique?

eagerbeaver:
Does the " No speaka da English " method work over there mate?

Or what about the scratchy head bemused " It was ok earlier on Chief " technique?

+1

It was fine when I left, honest guv.

Is burning it and faking surprise in the morning a viable option?

A.

Come on Andrew , give us some pics lol

I reckon if I was pulling crap like that on a regular basis as an o/driver, and this was a common occurence I would be carrying a light board on a long wire connected to my suzie for emergencies like this, and when done do as the last guy did, drop it in the port for the next guy’s problem and quietly ■■■■ off. :bulb:

Fixed :smiley:
We replaced a bulb holder, cleaned up an earth lead connection and found up two new lenses. My co. are pretty good, ill get reimbursed who in turn bill the Hungarian trailer owner but could do without all this grief.
Now off home, sod starting at the planned 4am though…

AndrewG:
We replaced a bulb holder, cleaned up an earth lead connection and found up two new lenses. My co. are pretty good, ill get reimbursed who in turn bill the Hungarian trailer owner but could do without all this grief.

All booked as working time then when doing manual entries in the morning !! :smiley:

You can only imagine what the brakes and running gear are like under the chassis if the lights are like that, 6 weekly inspections !!! I bet not !

Some of the crap we used to pick up from the ports about 15yrs ago was unreal.
Ewals cc tilts I’ve slagged off on here before, so not much more to say there.

Portbridge I think maintenance was something they had never heard of, then P&O took them over and sorted the job out.

P&O was ok, but I done Irish for a month, some of that stuff was something else, although they were all scrapped and re.newed eventually.

After saying that a lot of it was down to rough arsed drivers of all nationalities. I done a bit of Schnellecke work (what happened to them btw?) they were all brand spanking new slide roof Euroliners so were worlds apart from what I had become used to, but they all just deteriorated away to crap due to driver abuse and minimal maintenance.

bald bloke:

AndrewG:

All booked as working time then when doing manual entries in the morning !! :smiley:

Oh of course… :wink:

Tbh, i need a break. After p1ssing around with this last night ive now dropped this trailer and doing localish groupage to Marbella and Gib instead. Another O/D driver is quite happy to do the Malaga to Reims run this week and co. i sub for dont mind, as long as the work gets done…

JAKEY:
You can only imagine what the brakes and running gear are like under the chassis if the lights are like that, 6 weekly inspections !!! I bet not !

6 weekly inspections are done by Bodgit & Scarper. Rebuilding the trailer en route isnt unusual… :confused:

AndrewG:

bald bloke:

AndrewG:

Tbh, i need a break. After p1ssing around with this last night ive now dropped this trailer and doing localish groupage to Marbella and Gib instead. Another O/D driver is quite happy to do the Malaga to Reims run this week and co. i sub for dont mind, as long as the work gets done…

Andrew. Where do you normally change over in Reims ■■

Geoffo:

AndrewG:

bald bloke:

AndrewG:

Andrew. Where do you normally change over in Reims ■■

Its near the Volvo truck dealership Geoffo at Cormontruil just outside Reims. The trailers we drop there go onto Norway before being backloaded for Hungary…

Andrew I’m a regular in Reims-Champagne-Sud on the A4/A26.

Geoffo:

Its mostly Calais for changeovers but if Reims is an option for me i always take it, much nicer place, showers/canteen/drivers room ect. Battered old blue ex Norfolk Line tilts is our specialty, really do stand out like a sore thumb… :wink:

AndrewG:

Geoffo:

Its mostly Calais for changeovers but if Reims is an option for me i always take it, much nicer place, showers/canteen/drivers room ect. Battered old blue ex Norfolk Line tilts is our specialty, really do stand out like a sore thumb… :wink:

And 2 blasted speed cameras on the main drag through which I always managed to trip…

Never heard anything when I was driving Swiss reg vehicle but always got a letter when it was English registered.

No idea why of course…