OMG! I got gassed!

I didn’t get gassed, but the title made you look! (Although coincidentally I woke up with a banging headache, possibly the cheap Red Wine!) I was awoken at 3am this morning to find a nice gentleman in my cab rifling through my possessions. I was parked 120km from Calais. Years of driving round Europe and it’s the first time I’ve had a problem. Was certainly a shock, it means I’ve only had 4 hours sleep as I couldnt get back to sleep. My shock turned to amusement when I realised what a bunch of dimwits they were. Despite all the fuel cards, my iPad, my iPhone, my brand new satnav, and my laptop being within easy reach all the got was £10 cash (in France) and my debit card which is no good as I’m at my overdraft limit. He actually had my iPad but when I woke up he seemed more shocked than I was and ran off without it. Master criminals indeed!

A lucky escape there mate. Cue all the Jonny Concs saying how they would have wrapped their scaffholding pipes around their head, etc etc etc.

1, Don’t you lock your doors ?
2, How on earth didn’t you wake up when someone opened the door and then rocked the cab climbing steps and getting in ?
3, See above !

How much wine did you have, not to feel the cab rock :open_mouth: you must have been well out not to feel or hear them getting in. :slight_smile:

You need a ratchet strap!! Looped from handle of the doors to the other side and tighten!! Not too much though! Or you’ll pull the bloody handles off!! :laughing:

1. What do you think? You do know don’t you that you can get into most trucks with a toothpick?! Your being naive if you think truck door locks stop anybody.

2. I don’t wake up everytime the truck rocks otherwise I’d never get any sleep at all. Plus the fridge was running drowning out any noise. Do you wake up every time the truck moves slightly? If so you must be a very tired man.

Time to get some more protek door locks, had them on old truck but they were looking very scruffy so didnt want to tarnish my nice shiny new lorry.

Whereabouts in France was you parked■■?

And for the record 2 glasses of wine. Your forgetting I did feel them getting in, I woke up and they ran off. It’s easy to say you should have felt them getting in but you try it let’s see if you do. I take it none of you can sleep in a lay-by then?

I get gassed most days in my truck! Luckily I seem to be immune to it unlike any passengers I might be carrying…

switchlogic:
I was awoken at 3am this morning to find a nice gentleman in my cab rifling through my possessions.!

Look on the bright side, he could have been riflling through you underpants :smiley:

Sorry to hear that Luke. Did they damage your door locks breaking in? It must be tactical to wait until the fridge is running before breaking in…

Bloody hell mate ,that mustve been a shock.
i used to sleep that well in my bunk i probably wouldnt of woken at all…lol.
Glad your ok mate ,couldve been a lot worse for you.
take care.

switchlogic:
He actually had my iPad but when I woke up he seemed more shocked than I was and ran off without it. Master criminals indeed!

I have had one and only one experience of this. I was parked in Jugland in about 1988 and my Saviem didn’t have any working door locks, anyway the window was open, and I woke up to see some bloody reprobate in the cab. I shouted something, and he said “sorry sorry” and ran off. This was about 05.30 and it was almost daylight.

It is only this post that reminded me, certainly no long lasting nightmares or therapy.

Nothing missing, no gas, no damage and I actually felt sorry for him afterwards!

Yes I’m same I’m fine now I’m over the initial shock. I yelled ‘what are you doing, f off!’ and off he ran and roared off in a car.

Glad you didnt come to any harm.

switchlogic:
Yes I’m same I’m fine now I’m over the initial shock. I yelled ‘what are you doing, f off!’ and off he ran and roared off in a car.

I’ve seen your hair in your videos as it is during the day, I can only imagine that as you rose from the pillow your bed hair was what scared him off. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, glad you are okay and didn’t lose much.

I think we both posted on a thread recently how we had never had a problem of this sort in all our years going over the water, guess that means I am next so it’s a good job I’m not going over at the moment.

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

I’ve seen your hair in your videos as it is during the day, I can only imagine that as you rose from the pillow your bed hair was what scared him off. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we both posted on a thread recently how we had never had a problem of this sort in all our years going over the water, guess that means I am next so it’s a good job I’m not going over at the moment.

:laughing: yes my hair is quite shocking of a morning!

Immediately after it happened that post about never having had any problems came back to haunt me! Oh well one to put down to experience. Maybe I should construct a bs story about how I was threatened with a gun, we had a fight and I beat him off, then chased him down the road in the truck and put him in a ditch. If I do this in an RDC will that make me less antisocial? Might just stick to the book.

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

Immediately after it happened that post about never having had any problems came back to haunt me! Oh well one to put down to experience. Maybe I should construct a bs story about how I was threatened with a gun, we had a fight and I beat him off, then chased him down the road in the truck and put him in a ditch. If I do this in an RDC will that make me less antisocial? Might just stick to the book.

Wouldn’t you have pistol whipped him?..that’d sound much cooler in and RDC :stuck_out_tongue:

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

Yes but there were 18 of them in my Saviem cab :laughing: One of them took later pity on me and invited me round to see his twin 18 year old sisters!

So you didnt pack him off after giving him a Wedgie n a thick ear :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: