I was nearly toasted last night

last night well, 1am this morning…i was parked up in a layby on the a444 in coventry as you come off junction 3 of the m6 going towards the ricoh arena…when i eventually got to sleep cause of the noise off the bon jovi concert, i was then woken up at around 1030 by people leaving and been noisey…any way i got back to sleep, then at around 1 am i was woken by heavy banging on the door…as you could imagine i didnt know what the hell was going on our what i was going to open the cab door to…i opened cab door to see a bloke shouting at me move your truck quick… the truck that was parked right up my arse was fully in FLAMES… to say i pooed my self was a under statement of the year…any way i quickly moved the truck round the corner and parked by makro … i walked back to the truck on fire to see the polish driver standing there with 2 gas bottles in his hands…the idiot didnt even bang my cab to get me out a passer by did …the polish driver of the polish truck was parked up with anopther of his mates in truck behind,it is a joke not one of them could be bothered to bang my cab door to wake me cause it would of took my truck upto…and to top it all off the polish driver asked if he could use my mobile …because he could of got me killed i told him politely to f off …ONCE AGAIN BIG THANKS TO THE MAN WHO WOKE ME UP TO TELL ME

im glad your ok… let me get this right they were looking at the truck on fire but didnt see you. :confused: :confused: :confused:

maybe he had one of his mates lined up for your job.

jessicas dad:

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:
im glad your ok… let me get this right they were looking at the truck on fire but didnt see you. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:laughing: good one

2 of them were just standing there one holding 2 gas bottles the size of footballs passer by knocked my cab door …the blokes unit was about 5ft away from back of my trailer god knows how trailer did catch on fire just by heat alone in front of me was a irlams unit he woke up about 15 mins later by fire engines didnt know what the hell was going on …then behind me was the truck on fire then behind him was his mates truck truck and trailer were totally gutted

Something like - THIS -?

Although your post doesnt make much sense, could it have been the case that the passer by actually saved your life and the other two polish guys too. You say they didnt wake you up,

well someone did, it doesnt really matter who it was does it? The Poles were probably as shocked as you were to see the flames.

that the one

the bloke who woke me said they were standing there…

mmmmm that explains the burn marks
for peaceful night out avoid lay byes near concert venues
parking available White strreet car park in centre of Cov

Least you were saving money on not using the night heater!

Seriously tho, glad your’e ok mate.

Butter? On your toast sir?

I had a fright of truckers encountering non-voluntary man-love …then, sharp as a marble, noted you hadn’t posted “I was nearly roasted last night”.

Thank goodness for that…

fire was pobably started by someone using a lighter to see how much fuel was left in the tank as his torch batteries had run flat allegedly

in front of me was a irlams unit he woke up about 15 mins later by fire engines didnt know what the hell was going on .

Didnt you wake up the Irlams driver :question: god he was just as lucky as you then :question:

Kate:
Something like - THIS -?

Looking at that link it seems everything that happens, happens in coventry :laughing:

I can see the Local development agencies slogan now

"COME TO COVENTRY WHERE IT ALL HAPPENS "

well consider yourself lucky…
i was at the bon jovi gig with the good lady and when we came out and tried to get on a bus back to the airport park and ride it turned into such a near state of riot i would have quite happily torched a coach!
A-line coaches were doing a sterling job but with NO stewards on the bus stand it was riotous free for all…they had a small coach-like a mercedes 814 and i witnessed about 50 people cram on it and the poor driver couldn’t get them back off and to be honest it would have been dangerous to force em off.it was tinderbox(LOL).
anyway we got a coach back after an HOUR.complete chaos.
WELL DONE to MAGGIE at a-line coaches-top drawer driver,handled a difficult situation with ease…i can still see her shouting 'airport’at a mob of about 2000 people then diving for her seat as thay ALL ran towards her bus…nearly as entertaining as the gig.
and well done all those truckers who trucked all the gear in-EST (YOU ROCK WE ROLL)were well in evidence with FLY BY NITE and many others.

well i’m glad bon-jovi came now…as i said i went to the concert and enjoyed that and tonight i get to tow a wagon and drag that was there to pick up the floor that was protecting the pitch. :sunglasses:

Could well have just been the local ■■■■■■, and the polish driver in an attempt at stopping 2 minor explosions rescued his gas canisters. Down near Makro there is a cutthrough to a housing estate full of some of the most detestable scumbags in coventry so wouldn’t be suprising. Horrible place coventry, would hate to park there overnight, my girlfriend family owns the farmland all around makro and were doing carparking for the Bon Jovi gig, she didn’t mention a lorry fire so must’ve happened after they all left.

Kiowan:
Horrible place coventry.

Alot of people get sent there though! :unamused:

stvme2519:
when i eventually got to sleep cause of the noise off the bon jovi concert

Very simple solution to that - just go to the gig :laughing:

I’ve only just regained my hearing and voice after the Bristol gig on Wednesday… :grimacing: