House strike, well that woke me up

Stayed at a mates place this wk, hoping for a lie in but 7am Boom! was right on the corner of the room I was sleeping in!

What on earth was he doing in a housing estate? Other than looking like he got lost and tried to reverse to turn round until he heard the bang.

Following a sat bav blindly and then get him or her self up ■■■■ creek without a paddle?

I guess that’s the driver in the second photo on the phone holding he hand to his head, presumably telling his boss he can’t believe what an imbecile he has been?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

lol cool.

That looks like it will be a tricky place to get out of.

Naahh, Drop the trailer and go. :smiley: Simple.

This crane job made the national headlines a while back.

Full load of fertiliser.

The village was cut off after the lorry tips over , the local paper called it a carriage,he got the cab under the low bridge but not the trailer.

Fertiliser is an ADR load, the authorities told the residents it was not safe and to remain inside their homes but allowed the driver to sleep in the cab overnight with a spilt ADR load.

Perhaps DieselDave could list the possible dangers of that with chemical reactions, potentially dangerous fumes and interactions with other components, as in precipitation, or an arson attempt by bored kids.

Residents used wheelbarrows to bring their shopping home.

iguana:
Stayed at a mates place this wk, hoping for a lie in but 7am Boom! was right on the corner of the room I was sleeping in!

Bottom left…

Of the picture appears to be a restriction sign.

I hope the OP got out there in his jim-jams and helped matey boy make a 500 shunt turn. :smiley:

Ve av vays of making you vake :unamused:

Imagine the sheer embarrassment, then knowing you’re going to be posted on social media until the end of time. Forever known as the dopey driver :confused:

You would think that at some point the driver would think to himself - " This aint right - I need to reassess the route " " This ain’t making it " Or is it a case of blindly following a car sat nav or google maps ?

beefy4605:
You would think that at some point the driver would think to himself - " This aint right - I need to reassess the route " " This ain’t making it " Or is it a case of blindly following a car sat nav or google maps ?

He might have been in the right place-container firms do do household removals for export you know.
Anyway he might have made the turn if some wally hadn’t parked his chelsea tractor on the turning circle! :wink:

Beau Nydel:
He might have been in the right place-container firms do do household removals for export you know.

That was my first thought, I must admit. Personal effects job. Unusual for it to be a 40ft rather than a 20, but by no means unknown.

Lucy:

Beau Nydel:

That was my first thought, I must admit. Personal effects job. Unusual for it to be a 40ft rather than a 20, but by no means unknown.

Some big houses out there Lucy, and I doubt Iguana would stay somewhere cheap!
Once did a house move into London- 3 40ft high cubes and a 20ft-all packed to the gunnells.

Now you mention it, I remember one out of Cornwall that involved multiple 45s…House full of antiques in Penzance. VERY posh bog. :wink:

Lucy:
Now you mention it, I remember one out of Cornwall that involved multiple 45s…House full of antiques in Penzance. VERY posh bog. :wink:

You didn’t ‘load’ that as well did you Lucy? :unamused:

This was 20 years ago, when facilities for female lorry driers weren’t a thing. Finding a posh bog was a memorable event!