Oldie,s but goodie,s

SAW THESE TODAY JUST HAD TO TO GET A PICTURE

super pics there, have they just been renovated ? where did you see them ?

routier:
super pics there, have they just been renovated ? where did you see them ?

HI ROUTIER YEH ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS HAS BOUGHT THEM THERE ACTUALY GOING TO BE RESTORED HE SOLD THE GREEN ONE LAST NIGHT HE HAS GOT A AEC MANDATOR & ERF A SERIES WICH ARE DUE BACK FROM THE RESTORERS ANYTIME I WILL POST PICK, S AS SOON AS I SEE THEM

look better in colour :sunglasses:

sorry new camera still trying to work it out ,( will try harder next time) :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Restored ? really ? they look in superb condition as they are! any chance of them in colour ? would love to do a restoration…

routier:
Restored ? really ? they look in superb condition as they are! any chance of them in colour ? would love to do a restoration…

There are plenty of old British lorries out there just waiting for some TLC Routier. regards Big Al

Big Al:

routier:

There are plenty of old British lorries out there just waiting for some TLC Routier. regards Big Al

yep but they weren’t no good when they were new - no reason to think they’d be any better restored :laughing: :wink: :laughing:

thanks for the nice selection of photos.

[

yep but they weren’t no good when they were new - no reason to think they’d be any better restored :laughing: :wink: :laughing:
[/quote]

well jj72 i cannot make my mind up wether 72 is your age or your birth year, I think possibly the latter. I have 48 years experience of driving lorries, from my first lorry a 1948 O type petrol Bedford to some of the newer Scania and Volvo lorries on the road today. I don’t pretend the good old days were all that good, we had to do the best we could with the vehicles we were given to drive. I take it to heart when someone slags off our heritage of Classic and vintage lorries. We who have experienced driving them don’t pretend they are a patch on their newer cousins, but we who restore them spend a lot of our time,effort and money in doing so. While I know we get pleasure from the restorations I would like to think we bring some pleasure and entertainment to the public who attend our road rallies and vintage shows. Just my opinion please don’t take it to heart jj72 best regards Big Al

Well said Big Al. My sentiments exactly. :smiley:

spot on big al agree with you totally

Come on jj72, Tell us what you have driven. Regards Foden 46

whoa cool your boots old timers - there was a :wink: in there for a reason, so calm down now!

i’m neither 72 nor 36 and actually am fairly into older british wagons, especially AECs as it happens - down boys :slight_smile:

I’m with you on the AECs JJ, also agree with your tongue in cheek remark, they were crap, that’s undisputed even by Big Al, but they are part of our heritage, many of us that are lucky enough to have only driven modern (post 70s) lorries would have spent their childhoods in the older stuff, so it’s nice to see them being restored. A friend of mine restored a Thames Trader & I took it out for a spin, I enjoyed every minute of it, but I was more than glad to park it up & go to work in my 4 series Topline :wink: