Stumbled upon this

stumbled upon this today… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Wasnt anybody around that i could speak to about this belter… so need to do some more investigations about it methinks…

Does anybody think they know what the livery would have been…■■

please enjoy…

Well, It’ll certainly require a bit of filler…
Jerry

looks like an ex heavy haulage truck, econofreight had blue and white trucks but i dont think the chassis where red

regards mark

felgates of barking had similar livery but not sure if they had 6x4s though

hello,
maybe it’s my eyes,but that looks like a rear lift 6 by 2 not double drive 6 by 4 ?either way i think she’d be best described as parts only.
regards andrew

Hi Ash

Yes thats definately a tag on rear axle check the plate behind the rear spring hanger wonder if the engine still runs.Tyres still have tread :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Roger Haywood

Harry Norton would have had that painted tangerine and white and doing a night trunk to Dagenham within an hour of finding it

Who was the firm from Cerwkerne that ran fridges? Looks like their colours.

marcus 22:
looks like an ex heavy haulage truck, econofreight had blue and white trucks but i dont think the chassis where red

regards mark

i thought Econofreight straight away myself…next time am along there will get some more pics in detail hopefully… and will ask around the companys that are there …

Me thinks it looks like ex Pentons of Owestry. They always put plenty of paint on so i would think thats why its lasted this long.Sorryful picture but brings a lot of memories back.thanks for posting the old girl.
John

That tag axle looks like a D.I.Y.add-on, you can see how it’s been extended beyond the end of the original chassis.Looks like the tinworms have had a lot of good meals off it, I’m surprised them Scandiwegians never cottoned on to making fibreglass cabs!

Fodenway i agree with s39 Foden fibre glass cabs one peice but needed more refining. you see in 1978 europe banned fibreglass cabs that why erf
started using injection moulded plastic glued onto a steel frame for the B series.
John

man-tga:
stumbled upon this today… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Wasnt anybody around that i could speak to about this belter… so need to do some more investigations about it methinks…ask ainacs he might be able to help what he dont know about scanias isnt worth knowing

Does anybody think they know what the livery would have been…■■

please enjoy…

it’s definitely not ex donkeyfreight, or central road transport KW - don’t remember any blue on their motors? pentons is a possibility - come on older/wiser members crack this mystery!

go with tony. pentons ?

3300John:
Me thinks it looks like ex Pentons of Owestry. They always put plenty of paint on so i would think thats why its lasted this long.Sorryful picture but brings a lot of memories back.thanks for posting the old girl.
John

Thats exactly what i thought.

Al

White Trux, Dover?

more to the point where is it ■■? bet steve swain would love to know he is restoring a 141 at the mo also aniacs pat would like a sniff at it also as i bet he owned it at some stage :smiley: (tongue in cheek pat )

How spooky. Look at the first picture in this thread.

r slicker:
more to the point where is it ■■? (tongue in cheek pat )

It is in Broxburn … i spotted it from the M8 just before Uphall Train Station in the big units opposite.

quite a few Pentons pics that i have seen have the front bumper red and white stripes… so not so sure about them…?