Oh the drama

So i just found out about this today, i usually miss all the tasty gossip as im the first out the gate in the mornings.

So a driver won driver of the year, the final scoreboard was put up on the wall for all to see. I was 8th btw :wink: thats me no bothering me arse, i could well win it if i wanted :laughing: :blush: . The driver who came second put in a complaint about the competition in regards to who won it.

Now the guy who won is sorta a driver trainer but its a grey area. We have 3 official driver trainers in the north this guy just does agency inductions but in the rules it says no driver trainers allowed to enter. This guy doesn’t get paid any extra for agency inductions but is technically training as he is showing them the ropes.

So this guy gets his first place took off him, its quite a good prize 500 quid in argos vouchers a weekend away with the wife paid for and a place in the national final where you could win a ‘‘blinged’’ XF.

So the driver goes in a huff and hands in 28 days notice. But our depot is under major review about cutting the wage bill, 3 drivers have already been pensioned off before this new law comes in. The driver obviously has a look at the job scene, see’s it is bleak and asks to take back his notice and forget about it. The company says its been processed now sorry, dont let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. Now its looks like he is going to have to join the agency we use, i wonder who’ll do his induction :laughing:

I got told this today and i was â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  myself laughing as i dont really like the fella :smiling_imp:

It sounds like sour grapes and Motorsport politics to me, the bloke who was second, got the sour grapes and the winner gets to drive the Lotus or Virgin car.

The nicest fella on these forums was a driver trainer, and he also entered and won several LDoY competitions

I feel sorry for the guy but these days you’ve really got to consider things before having a tantrum.

It seems if they have rules, they should have been pointed out at the start. Sorry you cannot enter etc.

Kids toys and prams have similar behavior.

It sounds like the management are a BOCs to me :unamused: The bloke was obviously good enough to win driver of the year, so it would be correct to assume that he did a good job, he won the competition then had the prize taken away, understandable that he would throw the teddies around a bit, I know I would, at that point a decent manager would’ve sat the bloke down and tried to calm the situation down a bit :bulb:

So they’ve now lost a good driver, you say he may come back on the agency, well that will cost them a lot more than his wages, not exactly sound economics is it :unamused:

Although if I was that driver I would never sign on for the agency doing the work, well maybe the once, just so that I could come in and cause as much trouble and do as much damage as I could get away with without ending up banned from driving or in jail :smiling_imp:

Wheel Nut:
The nicest fella on these forums was a driver trainer, and he also entered and won several LDoY competitions

No I haven’t. :laughing:

At first when I read it I thought sad gits acting like children and maybe the driver was a bit childish, but then maybe he felt he had a fair point, losing out on £500 and weekend away is not to be sniffed at and then a chance to progess further in the competition

Personally it sounds like it’s been handled really badly from the start.

Nobody clearified whether the driver was a trainer or just just a driver who was used to run induction course for other drivers, but wasn’t paid extra for it.

Once the mistake was made nobody tried to find a compromise position, maybe pay the driver extra for running induction courses and give him a chance to do the LDoY.

Company â– â– â– â– â– â–  up therefore they should honour the prize to both parties.

Rob K:
Company [zb] up therefore they should honour the prize to both parties.

This^

I believe he is entitled to rescind his notice as he has not left the company yet? Doesn’t sound like you’re the sort to tell him though… :unamused:

Dave the Renegade:

Exactly…

Whats lorry driver of the year anyway? How do you win it? Sounds abit homosexual if i’m being honest.

Saaamon:

Dave the Renegade:

Exactly…

Whats lorry driver of the year anyway? How do you win it? Sounds abit homosexual if i’m being honest.

It’s not what it is that counts. The poor sod got given £500 and a weekend away for being the best of the best. Then had it taken away. Then got told we don’t actually value you anyway ■■■■ off.
He has been badly treated and the competition as been made worthless by â– â– â– â– â–  that are paid more for doing less work on the office.

Yeah i can understand that, pretty gutting to say the least… Silly boy for walking out like that though.

Saaamon:

Dave the Renegade:

Exactly…

It used to be a national competition to find the best driver in the UK through a series of heats and knockouts culminating in a final, maybe televised but certainly sponsored by the main trade magazines. Since then the equivalent is probably the Scania Young Driver Award.

I think this one was arranged within a single company though.

Saaamon:
Whats lorry driver of the year anyway?

Winning a company LDoTY competition has about the same meaning as the title Best Singer in the Spice Girls, it’s all relative. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: