oh fuck

i my motor went in for service on friday n i was told to secure everything in the cab. Sadly i missed something and the windscreen got smashed! Oops

At least the screen will be nice and clean on Monday

Your not the first and wont be the last mate, done that one meself :blush: :exclamation:

Even the main dealers do this.

I had a Volvo F12 in for service. they tried to claim that something had hit windscreen, turned out their fitter had tilted cab and forgot to move the trolley jack. :imp:

Only coz i was going on holiday that i knew everything was out of cab.

This could end up as a multi page thread, I know a lot of people who have done this, myself included, mine was a glass ashtray I had ‘borrowed’ from a ferry, TVs are also quite popular, as are mugs, flasks, gas bottles & tins of beans/soup/peaches :blush:

Heard a few like toowise’s as well, jack handles, step ladders, makes you feel a bit better about your own stupidity when the professionals do it too :laughing:

Don’t forget the bottle of wine on bunk in france … oops!

beat this what about a photo album of pictures of ur lass spread across windscreen. service lads asking me how my lass was wink wink when i went for motor.

andy187:
Don’t forget the bottle of wine on bunk in france … oops!

Ahhhh… very true :laughing:

Mine was a 24v - 12v dropper i’d left on the bunk.

Does anyone else have a problem with magnum windscreens? Mine had a new screen fitted a couple of weeks ago in the workshop and was left overnight (at the request of the screen fitters). The next morning there were 2 cracks, one on each side on the curve as the screen fits into the left and right pillar.

Is it the glass company we use, or are Magnum screens prone to stress cracking when in situ?

Well Mr B I have seen this many times as I am an ex installer of said glass but this has a silver lining I mean at least no one was hurt, I have just finished a 4 day away tramp around the UK well England and Scotland (sorry Wales). Have just gotten home and was watching helicopter heroes on bbc1, all I can say is take great care out there and if you feel tired ■■■■ em and pull over have a kip 20 mins or longer if needed and then go on your merry way. :smiley:

I smashed a windscreen on my skip truck… by not stopping before I drove into the skip on the back of the truck in front :blush: