O License ...

Hello All,

Just wonder in if anyone applied for their O license recently ?

If yes just wondering what the current turnaround is … ?

thanks

I got my O licence back in November and it took 9 weeks in total from submitting the application to actually getting it granted. This was despite me applying for an interim licence which is supposed to take 3-5 weeks. Times will vary between the different traffic offices I suppose depending on their workload. Mine was done by the North Eastern Traffic Office in Leeds and trust me it was a very frustrating process! Good luck!

xfmatt:
I got my O licence back in November and it took 9 weeks in total from submitting the application to actually getting it granted. This was despite me applying for an interim licence which is supposed to take 3-5 weeks. Times will vary between the different traffic offices I suppose depending on their workload. Mine was done by the North Eastern Traffic Office in Leeds and trust me it was a very frustrating process! Good luck!

they are all dealt with in Leeds now :wink:

I have never known anyone be granted an “interim” so plan on nine weeks. (they tell you this on the application form) regards kevmac47.

As shuttlespanker says applications do go to Leeds, to the licencing unit. Left to there own devices they will work to the three month target. If your application has been in for a few weeks you should have received a letter giving contact details for your case worker. Contact the case worker and get them to confirm that they have every thing that they need in order to process your application. Then ask for a decision date for consideration for an interim. Nag them then nag them some more.
Then contact the Traffic Commissioners office for your area, explain to them that the licencing unit has agreed that they have all the information required, then ask your area office if they could help expedite your request for an interim.

In my view this process is out dated and far to slow, it is unacceptable that in 2012 this organization can quote three months for processing an application. Thing is most applicants are so relieved to get there licence that the wait is soon forgotten.