Operators License Application taking 5 Months

I don’t know if this is allowed in this forum as this is PSV.

I applied for a PSV O license for 1 vehicle. The application was received by the CLO on 23rd December 2014. The application was sent to the TC on the 24th Feb 2015. To date we have not heard anything back from the TC, with the case worker saying “you’ll hear something back next week” and that was 5 weeks ago!

Has anyone else had to wait this long for their O license, PSV or HGV■■? I can’t believe how long it’s taking! I just wish they’d give me a date to work towards so I can plan ahead. 10 weeks is long enough, but 15 is just taking the p**s.

Anyone else had a similar experience or am I just unlucky? It’s the Western traffic area. It’s frustrating because there is nothing I can do at all! It’s just a case of waiting.

I have 100% respect for the DVSA and the operator licensing system. However it frustrates me that they are complaining about the lack of younger people trying to get into the industry, and yet they hinder us like this!

Have you checked online to see what the status is? I recall when I got mine, which took 10 weeks (and would have been quicker but they messed it up) that you can see exactly what parts have been processed and which are still pending.

Didn’t have much to comment on having read your post until you mentioned…Western Traffic Area…I have had dealings with this bunch of cretins
on several occasions…these people put the ‘T and the U’ in Totally Useless I would continue to pursue them…politely…but remember you are
dealing with the totally brain dead…battle on… my HGV renewal…4 months due to these wasters.

I don’t think it matters which area you are in. They’re all dealt with by the Leeds office. Have you tried calling them? I’ve done one recently and it’s taking as much time as yours has but speaking to them it seems that the person originally on my application ‘no longer works there’ which the lady implied was - the guys a total muppet and has royally ■■■■■■ up things here.

It seems the swear filter isn’t working - apologies

its a long process, but I cannot understand why you have only applied for 1 vehicle, did you not ask advice from anyone, surely it would have been better to have a working margin of two, one in possession and one to be acquired, to overcome major events like engine failure or accidents, I know its easy to change a vehicle online but what if a contract comes up that you need two vehicles you will have to wait just as long for a decision on an additional licence,

I phone the case worker in Leeds every working day but she just tells me to stop bothering her basically and that it will take as long as it takes.

Think I will have to pay a visit to the western traffic office and camp out in the lobby until Mrs Bell finally has a look at my application.

In an ideal world a working margin of two is great but when your just starting out and your young like me an additional vehicle would mean I’d have to have an extra £4100 floating about. Struggled to find the financial standing for the first vehicle!!! Plus with Psv license discs are not vehicle specific.

Mine took nearly a year to change from restricted to nationl

samuelk:
In an ideal world a working margin of two is great but when your just starting out and your young like me an additional vehicle would mean I’d have to have an extra £4100 floating about. Struggled to find the financial standing for the first vehicle!!!

I take it you realise that you still have to have those funds available at all times? You’ll be required to provide bank statements covering your second month of operating to prove you still do.

Harry Monk:

samuelk:
In an ideal world a working margin of two is great but when your just starting out and your young like me an additional vehicle would mean I’d have to have an extra £4100 floating about. Struggled to find the financial standing for the first vehicle!!!

I take it you realise that you still have to have those funds available at all times? You’ll be required to provide bank statements covering your second month of operating to prove you still do.

That’s news to me. Never been asked to prove ongoing financial status.

This fills me with joy as about to apply for my O licence as well!
Are there any owner drivers out there in Chippenham/Swindon/Bristol area looking for a driver (C+E) to split the week. With a wait this long for an O licence this may be the best option while I wait.

My application was received by the CLO on the 17th November 2014. According to my self service the “target completion date” was 2/2/15. I am still waiting on a final answer…