NYK Logistics are looking R u?

Need Class 1 drivers : Tel 0133 252 1440
Advert was on the back of their trailer!

do they mean
LGV C+E

and the phone number is
01332 521 440

They also have a depot in Avonmouth, also looking for class one drivers. Course, I don’t have that… but I don’t care, I’m getting 20 grand down the road :stuck_out_tongue:

nyk = ex uci logistics.

very good firm to work for if you like the company to dictate everything.

money is supposed to be right, they have introduce a mate bonus scheme, heavy on the legal side, abs warning light showing on dash - truck to the garage for repair. headlight inop - truck to garage.
tacho’s checked and infringements followed up - dismissal for regular offenders which is possibly why they are always advertising, despite a national driver shortage they will sack drivers that don’t obey the law even if it means they have to employ an agency driver at more cost for several months.

down side - they issue run sheets for work which drivers have to stick to - they even type in what time the driver takes 45 mins.

good office staff - mostly ex drivers - lots of maps and directions available for most delivery/collection points - ideal first job or last job before retiring.

johnny:

• they even type in what time the driver takes 45 mins.

I’m pretty sure its illegal to tell a driver when to take his/her breaks, although it can be planned they can’t actually force you to have break’s at certain times.

I worked for them for a number of months on Agency a year or so back, the regular drivers were on above average wages for the area and never any real problems, but then the depot I worked from only had 5 wagons and we were on container work, nice easy job though, I would work for them again without a problem.

i do work for them trough an agency out of castleford and its a cracking job.
you have a certain run it might envolve maybe 5 collections and then run down to toyota or jaguar its a 12 hr shift you can start at ANY time you want or swap shifts you get your own lorry the job is easy.

as for the money now if my memory serves me right its £9.00ph on nights and £13.75 after 8 hrs.

they do have maps for most places and you do have time in and time out on all jobs and this is purley for the car parts industry cos they dont want you leaving before a certain time in case they is some more parts made up. the times are all in your favour you always get 15-20 mins adfter your collection with your feet up and all on poa and you have you break in a time frame.

we have nyk working alongside us out of daventry for nettos, the drivers there are not too keen on them either. they have took the contract from dfds and cut all the drivers hours back(so i am told by the drivers). in the morning they only have 12 runs i think and 15 drivers, so 3 drivers have to go to new wave logistics depot off jtn 15 on m1 every morning.

also drivers coming into the depot from outside companies that i have spoken to don’t seem to have a very good opinion of them, alot of them don’t think they will last that long there. guess we’ll have to wait and see bout that one.

If you can get the Hilton shunters job, you can have as many breaks as you like :stuck_out_tongue: He seems to arrive at about 6 pm and leaves about 12 hours later, sometimes having to point to the trailer park :smiley: I think he has already retired

I work for NYK out of Derby who have the phone number on back of trl and at present are not taking on cause Willi Betz took half of our work out of toyota at the beginning of the year.
Also they aint a bad company to work for but too many [zb]'s in office.
As with planned breaks on route forms they are only guide lines and do not have to be adhered to. I for one take my break as and when i want to!!!

if it needs stars to get past the auto censor it’s not allowed!!! :wink: …Denis F

ex muppet:
I work for NYK out of Derby who have the phone number on back of trl and at present are not taking on cause Willi Betz took half of our work out of toyota at the beginning of the year.
Also they aint a bad company to work for but too many [zb]'s in office.
As with planned breaks on route forms they are only guide lines and do not have to be adhered to. I for one take my break as and when i want to!!!

Was that you on the Little Eaton roundabout (A38 North) just before 5pm this evening? Saw the ad on the trailer.

I was at that point at about 5.But goin South. I got plain white FH with UCI trl at mo.