NYK Logistics

Can anybody give me any info on NYK Logistics (Marston Gate, Milton Keynes specifically - but any location will do), pay, shift patterns, trucks, management etc, etc - thanks in advance! :laughing:

Hi Pete,i used to work out of that very depot for about 4 years on and off ,pay on days for class 1 was about £8 odd but that was about 3 years ago…great place to work whilst i was there with various shifts available,days,nights,earlies ,lates ,tramping,etc.
Like i say it was good,couldn’t tell you what its like now though,Did loads of work around MK if you want to know about any other companies!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Si
thanks for the reply. I’ve recently moved to Shefford which is about 20 minutes in the car to Marston Gate & although I’ve been out of the ‘cab’ for about 3 years (self-employed Courier) I’m looking at get back on the bendies - But I guess it’s going to be difficult as I’m coming up to my 51st birthday in a couple of months - add that together with the fact I haven’t driven artics much for the last three years, I don’t think I’ll get too many offers:cry:
Do you happen to know of a decent MK or Bedford based Agency or are they the same as anywhere else (big on promises & little in the way of work) :confused:

Express Pete:
Can anybody give me any info on NYK Logistics (Marston Gate, Milton Keynes specifically - but any location will do), pay, shift patterns, trucks, management etc, etc - thanks in advance! :laughing:

Used to work for them until last year, there are alot of changes happening they have lost a fair bit of work recently, LG, Mitsubishi and talk they may be losing Samsung to Norberts (Salvesan), a mate is still there and they have been told by management that the have now lost all their PAG automotive, managers are being moved around and their atitude is like it or lump it, he is looking to leave asap.

try optimum @ mk they seem to have loads of work called into there office to get the paperwork to fill in they havent been off the phone since

My mate is in there thru Optimum, has been in there every day for the last 18 months or so on the Samsung contract. Pretty good job by all accounts, although i believe they have lost the Samsung White Goods side of it now, and only do the TV’s and that kinda stuff on Samsung. He doesnt work very hard for them, and from what i can gather neither do the Full Time drivers.

IIRC the money for the Full Timer’s isnt great, but as i said you dont work too hard for it, Home every night, good clean equipment.

Express Pete:
I’m looking at get back on the bendies - But I guess it’s going to be difficult as I’m coming up to my 51st birthday in a couple of months - add that together with the fact I haven’t driven artics much for the last three years, I don’t think I’ll get too many offers:cry:
quote]

I was off the road from 42 until 60,but kept my licence renewed every time it came up.Retired at 60,been working through an agency ever since,bags of work available in this area.Only been off the road for 3 years? That’s nothing,it’s like riding a bike.I had no problem at all after being off the road for 18 years.

Ian

sorry to the original guy to ‘hi-jack’ your thread. But is there plenty of work in N-u-L going? Was after a change and i’ve seen all the agencies advertising in the Sentinel, but wasnt sure if it was just their usual trick of bums on seats.

Spoke to a bloke off Halcion a while ago, I was considering popping down on a day off but from what he said i changed my mind!

thanks

try hereâ– â– ?

http://www.hanburydavies.co.uk/vacancies9.asp

Culina contract in Kingston in MK (i guess??)

Worked there for a while few years back (about 4/5 years ago )and the pay was £28k salary back then…with the option of a bit of o/time too…

I don’t think you’ll have any probs finding work with regards to your age etc…theres plenty about in MK area…good luck fella… :smiley:

Express Pete - have sent you a private message, see if that’s any good

if Micks mate is right who will be doing Land Rover and Jag now theres no
PAG to speak of

Olog Hai:
Ian

sorry to the original guy to ‘hi-jack’ your thread. But is there plenty of work in N-u-L going? Was after a change and i’ve seen all the agencies advertising in the Sentinel, but wasnt sure if it was just their usual trick of bums on seats.

Spoke to a bloke off Halcion a while ago, I was considering popping down on a day off but from what he said i changed my mind!

thanks

my apologies for replying to a hijacked thread

i heard Arclid transport in Sandbach are looking for drivers (2 guys from our place applied but wages etc were on a par so they didnt see the need to move)

Olog Hai:
Ian

thanks

There’s quite a bit of work down here but in some cases it can be just to get your name on their books hoping they can find you some work.
I can only speak for the agency I work for who tick enough boxes for me with only wishing to do two night trunks a week.
There was a couple of guys off this BB went to work for them.
Call 01782 558999 Resource Solutions,(Fedex) and ask for Nikky or Michelle.
Ask what work is available and the rates,see if it suits you.