NYK LOGISTICS

dose any one know what there like to work for any info mutch apresiated

They are a vast company, but from your location I guess you’re interested in the Derby depot ?

I only trunk to Derby so don’t get involved, it’s primarily a holding depot for Toyota, but like everywhere in NYK the front line staff and fellow drivers are the friendliest and most helpful bunch you could ever meet…

The work varies but on the Toyota contract probably collections. You’ll most likely get your own route, which can be anything from 6 hours to 15 depending on what YOU want — nights out are unheard of.

It’s very much hassle free with absolutely no pressure, things take as long as they take and they except that without question, though they do like you to get to collections on time :laughing:

The kit is typical fleet, fairly modern and well maintained, as are most of the trailers. The only downside I can see is they’re not the best payers on the planet, but it’s not that bad and it does vary from location to location.

I have no qualms recommending them, if the type of work is for you I’d say go for it…

I do an odd bit of work out of Swindon and they are spot on it’s a bit like wincanton it varies from depot to depot

thans for that info lads only ive got a aplication form and just whanted to know what they were like we have three hubs in tamworth two on centurian park and one on realay park the centurian one dose that bid tv stuf out of it and famisuticles as well any way once again thankyou for info

I worked for them agency and on the books very good firm i worked at Tamworth on the LG contrat till that moved south and on the books at Hams Hall on the Beko contract till i went back overseas working never had a problem paid well and never pushed ran clean nights out if you wanted them. The best way to work for them fulltime is start on agency and then ask if you can apply for ajob that way they know you and you can do the job thats how they get most of their drivers .

Robertthegreat:
The best way to work for them fulltime is start on agency and then ask if you can apply for ajob that way they know you and you can do the job thats how they get most of their drivers .

Totally agree - I started as an agency driver at one of their Northampton depots (Sanyo contract) in August. This was my first full-time driving job, as prior to this I had only done occasional days through the agency). In November they asked me if I wanted to come across and work for them full time, which was exactly what I was after.

I started as an NYK employee at the beginning of January, but only a month or so later we were told that the Sanyo dedicated fleet was being dropped at the end of March. I expected to be “let go”, but instead they have moved me to their PC World contract. They even offered to put one of the 7.5t drivers through his Class 2 licence to allow him more choice within the company.

I know the money’s not the best in the business, but I find the work really easy with little or no pressure (although I am aware that this varies on other contracts). The vehicles and trailers are well looked after, too.

I once did one days work for them, class two, in Northampton. It took me longer to get through security, produce my license, fill in more paperwork and declarations than I have had to collectively in my whole life. Then, it took even longer to get out. I had a full cavity search complete with latex gloves.

The work was ok though. Straight to Southampton, tip, and back. Seven hours in total, nine if you include all the procedure.