nyk logistics

Has anyone worked for this company?
I applied a few months ago for a driving position with them and did not hear a single word.Today i have had a letter asking for me to send them a cv !!!
I dont know much about them except they are a worldwide global company
The job in newport was delivering goods todo with the automotive trade if i remember right.
let you know how i got on, thats if i hear from them…

welshlad:
Has anyone worked for this company?

She’s out at work at the moment but Ladytrucker679 should be able to fill you in a bit on them as she’s worked for them as a subby in the past and more recently (i.e. the last few weeks) worked for them direct via an agency.

Paul

Welshlad
I worked for them out of Hams Hall on the Beko Contract one of the best driving jobs I have had never pushed run legal it was all white goods to Dixons,DCS, Currys,and others, a bit of handball a few nights out a month if you want .Alot of waiting sometimes to unload at NDC,s Pay was good time & haft after 40 hours base rate was £8.75 night out the top rate ,Parking and meal paid I only left because I went back engineering overseas and I am at the moment in Algeria on a Gas refinery for the next four years the money was to good to turn down and a Belguim company I had worked for before.
Give them ago.

if you go to there land rover site at brum thats how long you wait to get loaded… the worst tip out… fl drivers employed by back in the community…

I’ve done quite a lot for NYK abroad and over here they have contracts for allsorts not just automotive, though that is the bulk of the work I’ve done. I couldn’t tell you what they are like with their own staff because as repton said I have mainly subbed but they are a good crowd with respectable kit and a exellent support system ( I picked up some metal in a tyre on monday night and they had it someone with me in no time and reorganised the rest of my run to accomodate the delay, no messing and no agro.) So IMHO go for it and good luck! :wink: :laughing: :sunglasses:

NYK ?

Was down there the other day…

Took my details and they suggested I work through an agency for a few weeks before they take me on. Agency claims they have “hundreds of drivers” lined up for there, yeah right, but would contact me… I’ll give it another go if nought turns up.

Anything going in the brewery ? done a lot of subbing for them…

Heard Stobarts might have work in Newport, days/nights etc… if that’s your bag