Not good for the passengers

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc … 204717.stm

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

it’s about blooming time somebody started to get a grip of this situation…

Never thought I would here myself say this but " Well done to Ms Bell for having the “balls” to stand up and be counted and to be more concerned with road safety than worry about the P.C. brigade"

:wink: :wink: :wink:

So they will be stopped until 2nd January ■■? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I Dont get that bit :confused:

Long Pause whilst I try and think it through :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ahhh Yes now I understand,

By taking the Polish drivers routes off the road until January 2nd when the hearing begins, there will be no chance of any accidents, however, once the hearing begins it wont make any difference because its a new year and the Bus company UK North can honestly claim that there was no accidents upto the hearing in 2007 involving Polish Drivers which they will say is “This Year” :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Seriously though I agree its time UK Employees had UK Qualifications and in this case that simply means they must sit this Country’s Driving Test and at least speak basic English.

neil46:
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Manchester | Bus companies banned from roads

Or perhaps it wasn’t good for the passengers.

I understand from the incident there has been a lot of other things going on, such as proceedural for the operator in the cage wearing a harness. If he had he would have been dangling from the machine and not dead under the wheels. Then this probably wouldn’t be so severe for the bus company.

But then it comes back to the suitability of the drivers for the job, if 100 out of 130 were Polish.

This also shows how much professional drivers are despised as such in the area if the bus company could not get local people to drive the coaches… :unamused: :unamused:

i wonder if the licences have been properly checked and
who was the person whose signature is one the paper
showing that the said drivers are copmetent and qualified.
to drivepassenger vehicles,

Yesterday (friday) my mate was tipping at a large company in spalding who employ more than 100 east european agency drivers who were rioting about there flights home being cancelled and there boss told them they need not come back after the holidays as he has 300 Bulgarian drivers waiting to replace them so it shows what the big beef with his minders in his 40k car think of his workforce is this the way forward for our industry ,I HOPE NOT. :frowning:

Saratoga:
I understand from the incident there has been a lot of other things going on, such as proceedural for the operator in the cage wearing a harness. If he had he would have been dangling from the machine and not dead under the wheels. Then this probably wouldn’t be so severe for the bus company.

An OD I used to work with did exactly the same in Leicester about 15 to 20 years ago, clipped the ‘elbow’ of a cherry picker as he drove passed, catapulting the operator into the air and down onto the road. They guy was killed but at the inquest my mate was completely exonerated because the operator was not wearing a harness and they hadn’t put cones out to protect the area the arm, was sticking out into. He did however get a loading on his insurance premium for several years in case the family of the guy who died brought a private prosecution or claim.

Coffeeholic:
[…clipped the ‘elbow’ of a cherry picker as he drove passed, catapulting the operator into the air and down onto the road…

These days cones will be out to protect the swing, and the customer MUST wear a harness in the cage. Most dont as they feel that they get in the way more than anything.

I’ve had to be telling customers I will get a written warning from work if they are caught without their harness. A little white lie of course, but the customer doesn’t know that and it’ll stop them moaning.

I’ve already got a reputation for following proceedure on those things.

Doesn’t help I suppose I’m kinda sacred by heights :smiley: :smiley:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
Yesterday (friday) my mate was tipping at a large company in spalding who employ more than 100 east european agency drivers who were rioting about there flights home being cancelled and there boss told them they need not come back after the holidays as he has 300 Bulgarian drivers waiting to replace them so it shows what the big beef with his minders in his 40k car think of his workforce is this the way forward for our industry ,I HOPE NOT. :frowning:

Listen, you can’t believe a word drivers tell you! 100 east europeans being replaced by 300 bulgarians? Come on?! Do the maths. Meanwhile i’ve put in a complaint to the DfT about the stress i’m getting from these coaches coming through the tunnel from Poland into London and they’ve asked how is it affecting me as i’m in Liverpool. I’m just drafting up a reply !!

Mike-C:
Listen, you can’t believe a word drivers tell you! 100 east europeans being replaced by 300 bulgarians? Come on?! Do the maths.

Three per vehicle? One to reverse, one to stand at the back waving his arms about in an attempt to give directions, one to stand at the front using his arms to wave opposing directions. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:
Listen, you can’t believe a word drivers tell you! 100 east europeans being replaced by 300 bulgarians? Come on?! Do the maths.

Three per vehicle? One to reverse, one to stand at the back waving his arms about in an attempt to give directions, one to stand at the front using his arms to wave opposing directions. :wink: :smiley:

Sounds more like Seafrances deck crew :laughing: :wink:

klunk/■■■■■■■■
it shows what the big beef with his minders in his 40k car think of his workforce is this the way forward for our industry ,I HOPE NOT. :frowning:

it also shows why no brits will go near him

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:

Sounds more like Seafrances deck crew :laughing: :wink:

Best deck crew I ever encountered was on the Eurolink ferry on the Sheerness - Vlissingen crossing. It was a reverse on, drive of ferry and someone thought it was a good idea to give the Polish deck crew light wands with which to guide the reversing vehicles. It looked like a battle scene from Star Wars in your mirrors. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Im not one to listen to or believe urban myths BUT we had a Polish (Driver) on for Turners Soham came into the Brewery with a Tanker couldnt put it on the point the way it should have been so decided to park across the road & block the oneway system. When told to put it on point the correct way he had to ask our shunter to do it for him .
WE couldnt understand it because it wasnt a difficult manouvre. Anyway
dont know where he got his licence from but I`m starting to believe some of these myths :unamused: :unamused:

neil46,well spotted,thanks for bringing it to our attention.
The standard of bus driving has dropped dramatically,since the bus firms employed Poles.
A woman in Glasgow I know, was getting on the bus to go home and the polish driver produced his route map and asked her(in extremely poor English)
where he was meant to go after he left the stop. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :angry:
Another Pole in a brand new bus,lost control at a corner,demolished someones house and wrote the bus off.
What a lot of papers are doing now, is omitting the nationality of the bus driver,this is to prevent a public backlash against foreign drivers.
Would you be a passenger in a bus driven by a Pole,I certainly wouldn’t?
I’ve got umpteen other stories regarding Polish drivers.

klunk/■■■■■■■■
any company employing Bulgarian drivers will be breaking the law.
Bulgarians/Romanians,will only be permitted to do fruit picking or food processing,if they are caught doing anything else they will be fined £1000.
Anyone who suspects Bulgarians/Romanians are doing anything other than the 2 jobs above should report it to the authorities.
I certainly will,no hesitation.

gsm31:

i wont go near them anywhere. if they are driving i give them a wide berth. they are a hazard and should be treated accordingly. think of a wild animal in the middle of the road. unpredictable!

This agency in spalding already has 15 bulgarian drivers and 5+lithuanian/estonian drivers dont know if they are illegal or not also bradys of Kilsyth(now ceased trading) had six bulgys , we are in spalding a couple of times a week and if one of them ■■■■■ up another driver arrives in no time

gsm31:

I wouldn’t be a passenger on a bus driven by anybody

Buses are “Loser Cruisers” and they are full of working-class lowlife scum breathing their filthy germs and spreading their fleas and lice and God knows what else they pick up on their council estates…

I’ll stick to my Rover, thank you very much!

gsm31:
A woman in Glasgow I know, was getting on the bus to go home and the polish driver produced his route map and asked her(in extremely poor English)
where he was meant to go after he left the stop. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :angry:

That’s nothing new. First keep putting newbie drivers onto the route past my house; when I first moved in here, I would have to direct a driver at least once a month. The only difference is that they didn’t even have maps. That was nearly 10 years ago, so it was before this supposed Polish invasion.