Northwich too Spalding

So, what’s the best way■■?
Looking at the map plenty of choice, but which is quickest/best in an artic, 14’6 high.
6am booking at Northwich, which I’ll make, but don’t know what time I’ll be done there, and Spalding booked for 10am!
Ta in advance

chilistrucker:
So, what’s the best way■■?
Looking at the map plenty of choice, but which is quickest/best in an artic, 14’6 high.
6am booking at Northwich, which I’ll make, but don’t know what time I’ll be done there, and Spalding booked for 10am!
Ta in advance

Not gonna happen whichever way you go. It’s a GOOD 3 - 3.5hr drive (depending on where).

A50 is obvious route

Told them it wouldn’t happen, and I had to load the box this morning at the new London gateway port at 00.30!!!

The way I go when at Gadbrook is

M6
A500
A50
A453
A52 there is a 14’3" bridge in Grantham so I would take the A1 south, down one junction, 2nd exit at the round about, left at the T junction, follow the road for about a mile you will come to an arched low bridge, if you drive through centrally it’s over 15’, go through the towns 1 way system and then rejoin the A52.
A152 all the way to Spalding.

Hth

Oh if you want to avoid A453 roadworks go one junction up the M1 to junction 24 and pick up the A52 there.

Ta very much :wink:
Just leaving gadbrook :frowning:

That one in Grantham seems to be a very popular bridge. It has had a LOT of cctv cameras mounted on the bridge. Probably for the next DCPC Bridge awareness crap.

It looks tight just in a unit, I took a 14 footer under it and crawled through. 3 inches is not a lot of clearance.

trubster:
That one in Grantham seems to be a very popular bridge. It has had a LOT of cctv cameras mounted on the bridge. Probably for the next DCPC Bridge awareness crap.

It looks tight just in a unit, I took a 14 footer under it and crawled through. 3 inches is not a lot of clearance.

We run at 13’9" and it looks tight then! The arched one is fine though for bigger combos. Whatever you do make sure you go down the A1, don’t head for Grantham on the 52, otherwise I’ll see you on the local news ha ha

You could run up the A46 from Bingham to Newark then A17
I had thought about going from Kegworth to Wymeswold to jump on the A46 there but that bend in Rempstone is a bit tight (Its the route I go in a car or van)

Went New Lads way, spot on!!!
Thanks all, just tipped, off to park, shower and sleep

chilistrucker:

Close to 10am then?? :open_mouth:

waynedl:

chilistrucker:

Close to 10am then?? :open_mouth:

1210pm mate. Why they booked it for 10 is beyond me, but what do I know :wink:

No problem mate, its my neck of the woods, I should be able to do it in my sleep by now.

Cheers :slight_smile: